PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Harv

Lurker
Jun 1, 2024
Pattaya, Thailand
@Harv, I admire your work and your various reasons—beyond evaluating pipe tobacco—for doing it. I wish you joy of it.

I understand why you want all this searchable information in your spreadsheet but, If I were going to be systematic, I would not duplicate all the data available on TR. I would limit myself to the name, components, a description of what I was able to taste when I focused on identifying tastes, and my impressions over time. Of course, you notice I said "if."
Yeah a lot of it was for ideas about data analytics for fun, but now that I'm using it a bit they really don't seem worth the effort an I haven't been using them at all.

Reactions: dunnyboy

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
A fellow SCUBA Diver! Yeah I'm all over that one, and I've actually read a good few of your posts and appreciated them. I moved everything over to excel and I've got individual tabs also setup to get into more detail about the blends. In that area is a section of just notes like you're suggesting.

If you wanna see the current one feel free to shoot me a PM and I can e-mail it to you.
Thanks -- glad some of my posts have been helpful! PM sent.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks -- glad some of my posts have been helpful! PM sent.
Please put your location in your Profile!
Why: It will save time for others when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc.
How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.