PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I'm enjoying a fine Italian pipe filled with 7 Seas Regular as I write this. It is definitely different from my normal blend and I didn't care for it at first, but now it's a real keeper.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I smoke Royal, I just bought 3 tins from JR's. Out of all the aromatics I have tried Royal is at the top of the list with 1Q a close second. I have been smoking english blends and on a whim tried the Royal. I would like the best of both and understand that C&D does have aromatics with latakia in them. Has anyone tried them? If anyone is interested Seven Seas does come in bulk, you can get it at smokingpipes.com.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
If anyone is interested Seven Seas does come in bulk, you can get it at smokingpipes.com.
u can also git it by the ounce at P&C I think it's 3.75 an ounce or close to it

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
which one should i try first?
I now have all five and to me they are very distinct. Its hard to say as they are all good. I don't think that you could go wrong with any of them. I have made it a point to get the entire line and I think if I had to I could smoke them all the time with some Plum Pudding to boot and I'd be happy.
Maybe this will help, this is what they are like to me(most prominent flavor first):

Regular- Cocoa+Vanilla+sweet natural tobacco

Gold- sweet natural tobacco+whiskey

Royal-Vanilla+fruit+sweet natural tobacco

Black- (man this one is tough) black licorice+honey+sweet natural tobacco

Red- tart cherry+sweet natural tobacco

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
You're gonna love that Black blend nsfisher. I'm working my way through a tin of it right now and loving every puff of it. I don't normally smoke aromatics, but this stuff is good!!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Finally tried all the 7 seas blends. Royal is my favorite and black is my least favorite. All are doggone good though!

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Tried some 7 Seas Royal yesterday with a new pipe. I wasn't impressed with the flavor in my mouth. It had a hint of dirty socks thrown in there. Maybe it's the new pipe that didn't do it Justice. I'll try a seasoned pipe again and then re-evaluate the blend.
I have a Tin of 7 Seas Black also. I hope that doesn't have a hint of dirty shorts mixed in.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I was lucky to get a sample of each of the 7 Seas and decided to try a 7 Seas stack. i took a pinch of each and mixed them together for a bowl in my calabash. man was it good all of them mixed. I think i will get an oz of each and mixem all together and call it my 7 Seas blend. try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.