PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
thats how the U.S. classifies beer. has to be considered a spirit or liquor above 14% in the U.S. i believe. It all depends on the process of how its made.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Saw this yesterday and wondered about it. I will let someone else tell us how it tastes, I'll save my money on a single malt that does the same thing but with, I am sure, better flavor. I bought some Sink the Bismarck and it was dog piss.

bcirka

Lurker
Aug 28, 2012
Interested to hear what you think of it. I'm trying to imagine the flavor, and every way I go with it, I'm just not sure how good it would be.

Aug 1, 2012
Freeze fermenting? And here I thought it was called freeze distillation or jacking. Technically it can't freeze and ferment at the same time. What do I know though I'm just the amateur and he's the pro. The beer looks fun though.

ovidsmuse

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
This is not beer, this is a distilled spirit. They have used a cold distillation method instead of a heated distillation method, but it is still distillation. In Germany they make Eisbock using the same method, but if the process is done more than once it is Beer Schnapps and must be sold as a distilled liquor. They are freezing multiple times, and the worst of it is that none of the fusels will get cut so it is a best headache inducing and at worst dangerous.
And Captainsousie is absolutely right, you can not freeze and distill at the same time, even lager yeast die or go 100% dormant at 34-36F.

Status
Not open for further replies.