PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The simplest success is equal parts Virginia and burley, with a condiment pinch of unflavored black Cavendish. Then try slightly different proportions. Then try cigar leaf instead of Cav, then Turkish. I think fewer kinds of leaf tend to taste better and give you more control. I mix about two or three pipe bowls in a ceramic bowl, never a big quantity. I have professional blends for daily smoking.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Call me crazy but ... Solani Tropical Mango Flake and Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
newminster #400 superior navy flake and Mcclelland turkish ribbon, roughly 50/50. Yum, yum, yum. When my turkish ribbon runs out (i have about a pound)? I think I will probably swap to C & D bulk izmar, unless any of you have other recommendations?

I also used to mix the turkish ribbon with rlp-6.

Isaac

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
newminster #400 superior navy flake and Mcclelland turkish ribbon, roughly 50/50. Yum, yum, yum. When my turkish ribbon runs out (i have about a pound)? I think I will probably swap to C & D bulk izmar, unless any of you have other recommendations?

I also used to mix the turkish ribbon with rlp-6.

Isaac

Sutliff Blended Turkish Ribbon

Reactions: mortonbriar

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Interesting. I’ve tried Ogden’s Mixture (Gold Block/St. Bruno) and thought it was just meh. A lot of folks seem to love it though. I prefer my St. Bruno as is but that should be obvious to you all by now, I’m a Bruno kinda guy.... Love the stuff, it just satisfies.
Hawky, I totally get it, St. Bruno is an awesome smoke just by itself and I smoke it that way as well, but I also like the subdued, sweet, nutty flavor that I get when when I mix it with a low key burley like PA, I can just smoke it so effortlessly, it almost smokes itself.
I haven't tried it with Gold Block, but I probably will at some point!

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
Sam Gawith commonwealth is one of my very favorites, which i believe is 50/50 latakia and virginia. I also love a 50/50 of GH latakia with black xx

Sep 20, 2019
50/50 Carter Hall and Stokkebye 52 Proper English. Burns nicely, nutty burley, little smokiness, hint of spice, touch of cream. Smoke it regularly.

M

Marindas

Not a 50/50, but I enjoy 2/3 Angry Cornishman (The Country Squire) with 1/3 Northwoods (Boswell's). It has been my solution for the FM series no longer being available.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
50/50 Opening Night & Interlude.
Cut to 1/2”, rub out, mix well, let it rest in a jar for 3 months.
Better than any bowl of CRF I’ve ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.