PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargerucd

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2013
So, nobody remembers if its either 5 - 15 years??? Is it bad accountants?? I can remember what I was doing 5 - 15 years ago!!! :)

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I cannot say for 5-15 years, but I have kept McClelland Townsman Cavendish Maple, and Rum, for 5 years, and it seems to get better as it ages. I am quite fond of Rum tobaccos, and maple ones, but usually don't care for the two together. Anyway, I ordered 2 tins, as I might enjoy the rum and vanilla.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm of the opinion that these aromatics, over an extended period of time, lose a noticeable amount of their aromatic flavors.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that, after 10 years in the tin, Captain Cool will actually taste like Frog Morton across the Pond with Syrian latakia.
Bob

loki993

Lurker
May 10, 2012
I should have a fair amount of goodies, including this, on the porch when I get home so I think it will be a race to see who cracks theirs first. I know Ill be firing this up just a little after I get home.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've got my tin sitting on my desk right now and it smells fantastic. I'll have to smoke a bowl when I get home.

loki993

Lurker
May 10, 2012
It smells great and tastes ok. Its definitely an aromatic, lots of nice aromas and a decent taste but no body. Its good Im sure if you like aromatics but its not for me, I was hoping for something a bit stronger. I may smoke one more bowl just to be sure but Ill be selling/trading off my 2 tins it looks like.

carbz13

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2013
Got mine in the mail last night, gonna have a bowl of it tonight to celebrate IPSD.

Apr 24, 2012
Just smoked a short bowl. Smooth, flavorful, delicious, nice room note. It is mild, but with the flavor I think that's how it should be. Immediately went to buy some more since I liked it and it was sold out. If anyone wants to sell two or three tins at near cost, I'd be game. PM me.

carbz13

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2013
I was hoping to relax the other night, but the cold and the wind ruined that idea. Was able to get a few minutes with it though before I was chased back inside. Without having the full bowl my opinion may be slightly off... But the main taste I was picking up on while smoking was the rum, but left my tongue with a nice vanilla aftertaste. Got a few compliments on the room-note and didn't have any tongue bite. Hoping to have some more this weekend while we're out coyote hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.