PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
It's been a couple of years since I had any dealings with them, but I don't remember having any problems.
That being said, if you reached out to him several times and he never responded back to you except to cancel your order... that's unprofessional, uncourteous and poor business practice.
In a business as challenging as selling tobacco products in today's political climate, I would think you would try to keep good relations with all of your customers!
Some people are their own worst enemy!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The only thing I bought from them in the last few years were some Salty Dogs, Curly Block? Lots of Butera Dark Stoved and that was maybe 3 years ago or more I can't remember. I had no issues with them. I ordered at least a couple of hundred every time and sometimes a lot more. I don't know if they take care of people better the more they spend. That is not very smart as each order could lead to large orders as some guys maybe are just testing them and ordering blends they are testing 10 dollar order of pipe cleaners should get the same service as a 400.00 pipe.
I once inquired about an old Barling pipe they had in stick and they ignored me. I don't know if this was at the time Rich was getting out of the v=business and the new guy was taking over. It wasn't a big deal and I never inquired about a pipe ever again.

I can say other than that one bad experience, everyone since that has been perfect. It also could mean that he knows who I am as my handle has been around a long time and maybe Rich told him about my greatness.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I haven’t any issues. Sometimes you have to wait until they get the stuff you ordered on hand - but it eventually comes. I’d rather wait for it all at once than a partial order

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
While Residing on the old continent',I have come to realize, one will be definitely saving his own and his country's Customs Authorities nerves being satisfied with the blends already available here in the EU, despite the higher retailing prices

Reactions: JOHN72

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
4noggins changed hands since I last did business with them, when they were prompt and fine with correct orders and prompt shipping. They used to be a good source for pipe brands not sold as widely in the U.S. like Hardcastle and Parker, among others, and offer some good blends of their own and some unusual ones like an Indonesian air-cured burley called Tambolaka. I hope they get their mojo back. We don't need online retailers going out of business.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I honestly believe that more recently they have been selling stock in anticipation of actually receiving it. That's the only thing I can think of that changed delivery of the same stuff from 4 or 5 days to 2 or 3 weeks, given the same shipping method and stating the product is currently available. Maybe things have settled now. It's been some months since I've bought from them after that. Note: I'm in the Northeast US, they are about 1 1/2 days drive from me. And yes, I found them to be completely unresponsive to my inquiries. Hopefully they're squared away now.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Can't get help from Google anymore. You would think that they'er exceedingly full coffers would fund help.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I find their "consignment" prices for Esoterica pretty funny but other than that Ive had one or two successful orders with no problems.

deadidunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2020
Hineston, LA
I've only made 1 order with them and it took 2 weeks or so for them to ship my items. I probably will avoid ordering from them in the future knowing the lag time. P&C generally has about that same time frame, except some orders I made around Christmas, those arrived extremely quickly.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Before the change in management, 4noggins offered some unique blends, like the Indonesian air cured burley Tombalaka, and pipes not found easily like a selection of Hardcastle and Parker. I've not tried to shop there since the ownership changed since people report a lot of dissatisfaction.

Kal

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2021
Misplaced Texan, in Ohio
I've never ordered from them, but do want to try a few blends they have. But I spent too much this month on estate pipes and a 5 pounds of tobaccos. Lol
So I'll give them a shot next month.