Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'm watching 38 Special Videos on YouTube, but can't find one thing I am looking for. This is something a guitar player appreciates and never forgets .. or at least partially.
On one of the MTV videos of 38 Special from the 80s, it gets to the end of the song where the lead guitar takes us out to the end. It's a live concert video, and just as he is about to jam into the leads, the E string breaks ... and this is one of the main strings he needs to play the leads.
It doesn't phase him in the least. He grabs the broken string and quickly wraps it around the upper neck of the guitar to get it out of the way and then flawlessly transposes the leads to the other strings.
It's the hippie dude on the left of the screen, right side of the stage.
Which song was this and where is the video?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I was gonna say, wadcutters in hot hand loads. But now I have to search for a music video as I do remember that one.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I don't remember the clip but as a guitar player I've had that happen to me a couple of times over the 46 years I've been playing. It isn't that big of a deal unless you're looking to play notes above the 17th fret on the first string. Then it gets hairy. There's always the option of playing down an octave.

I will have to look for it as I like .38 Special.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
I was thinking the same theing unclearthur. 158 grain being my personal choice.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I almost had a .38 Special...until the police traced it and found out it had been stolen years back.

Not that that is relevant at all to the conversation ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.