PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
So I have not had a pipe in three weeks. I smoked 10 plus bowls a day but I have been sick since last fall. I have been to a couple of different dr's. After a battery of test they swore it was my gallbladder. but nope liver and gallbladder are good to go. No they "think" its COPD. I have one more week til I see the pulmonologist I have started and daily inhaler for COPD and I am seeing a little improvement but dont want to ruin it with a pipe so I have to wait a bit more

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So I have not had a pipe in three weeks. I smoked 10 plus bowls a day but I have been sick since last fall. I have been to a couple of different dr's. After a battery of test they swore it was my gallbladder. but nope liver and gallbladder are good to go. No they "think" its COPD. I have one more week til I see the pulmonologist I have started and daily inhaler for COPD and I am seeing a little improvement but dont want to ruin it with a pipe so I have to wait a bit more
Good man. Just do what you need to stay healthy for your family. Smoking isn’t more important than your health. Nothing is.
We’re all still here for ya!

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Its been a little rough I been staying out of the "Pipe Cave" so I am not tempted. On the up side my liver is in great shape for a 30+ yr " Alcoholic almost no damage at all. Trouble is I smoke 2.5 to 3 packs of pall mall filterless for 25 to 30 yrs that has done some damage. I would love to load a pipe up but I have a bad habit of occasionally inhaling out of habit so I will wait

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
My god man I’m surprised you’re still walking after all that. Here’s to hoping it’s not COPD. On the other hand, it’s not nice to have one of those ailments that they can’t figure out.

I haven’t had one in about a week and a half because the kids got a cold. And around here if you get a cold, you hide in the storm cellar until it’s gone.

Mar 1, 2014
Everything that I've learned over the last few years says high volumes of exercise will fix just about anything.
It doesn't need to be intense, just by virtue of increasing blood flow you deliver way more oxygen to every part of your body and everything works better.

As much as anything one of the big problems with smoking is the carbon monoxide poisoning, basically a chemical form of suffocation.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I've got COPD and had to cut back. I was smoking 10 bowls a day, sometimes more. Now I smoke about 3 bowls every other day. What helped me to cut back and still get my nic hit was dip like Grizzly and Stokers. I hope you continue to improve.
I chewed for many years and have thought about going back but just cant pull the trigger. I actually have a can on my desk that is unopened

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I had to stop pipe smoking due to severe COPD. My oxygen levels were sometimes as low as 55% (95-100% is good).

I was initially using a Ventolin inhaler but found it did nothing for me.

Got to the point I couldn't walk ten paces without gasping for breath. I have been given a nebuliser from the hospital and get prescribed Ventolin nebules for it every month. My oxygen levels have risen to about 75-80% but I'm still breathless and am told I always will be.

Good luck Old School with your diagnosis.

BTW, my COPD is a direct result of roll up smoking, not pipe smoking.

Regards,

Jay

Reactions: SpookedPiper
Status
Not open for further replies.