Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
Some recent aquisitions. The first two are new/unsmoked current production billiards, benton grade. The other is an estate handmade.
DSCF3241.jpg

DSCF3242.jpg

DSCF3243.jpg

DSCF3244.jpg

DSCF3245.jpg

DSCF3246.jpg

DSCF3247.jpg

DSCF3248.jpg

DSCF3249.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats - very nice. I hear Edwards are some well made pipes - how do they smoke?

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
They smoke very well. They are kind of hidden gems in terms of cost. I have a rather large collection of them. If you want to know more, here is my Edward's collection site along with some info.... www.otcpipes.com

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have one here, in my collection, that I do not see in your collection. It's called "Walnut Antique", sort of resembles a horn. It also says "Algerian Briar"

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
@nsfisher
Nice pipe you have there. I seen a billiard once with type of finish. There is a possibility that the pipe you have was actually made by someone else and not Edward's. That's not a bad thing though. About a year ago I had a very interesting conversation with someone that worked for Dr. Grabow back in the day......Remember "Mastercraft" pipes? Mastercraft never really made pipes they simply had their name stamped on them. Back in the early to mid 80's, Edward's supposedly ordered some algerian bucket grade pipes from Dr. Grabow/Mastercraft unstamped of course and Edward's stamped their nomenclature on them.
The former Grabow employee that clued me into this has been trying to help me aquire some old invoices between the two companies that proves this out.
Is your pipe worth a lot of money? No. But it's one of those short lived Edward's oddities.
Please take what I said above with a grain of salt as I have not been able to fully prove it out one way or the other....yet. It could all just turn out to be utter bs.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
O no worries mate. I just didn't see one in your collection of Algerian Briar, so I thought I'd give you a look at it. Smokes nice, but it is not one of my favorites. It sits in the rack and gets smoked about once a Month. Smokes great and no gurgle but just not my thing.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
They are great smokers. I have an: Edward's Smooth Volcano ( 2 ), ( 718 ) Algerian Briar. Smokes nice and easy. I would buy another Edward's, given that this is such a great smoker. I would highly recommend this brand of pipe. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.