Status
Not open for further replies.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
A Dunhill Shell 5105

DunhillShell5105-Extralarge1.jpg

The pic is from the seller as I have not had time to take my own. There are a few more pics of this pipe in my signature link below.
I never thought I would purchase a Dunhill because I considered them too pricy, especially since I could buy several pipes for what one Dunhill would cost. However, I found this beauty about three weeks ago with a bid price that got my attention. I decided what I would be willing to pay and then put the pipe on my “Watch List”. During the final few minuets the auction, the price had not exceeded my “willing to pay” price and so I placed a bid in last few seconds. I was shocked when I won for two reasons. First came the feeling of excitement of “I won! I won!” But that was soon followed by a sick-in-the-gut feeling of “What the hell did you just do?” and "You’re an idiot! Christmas is coming; you’ve already spent way over your pipe allowance, what about all the things that are really needed that can’t be bought now?" Then I said: “What the hell, you’ll get through the Holidays and look back on this in a few months and be glad you got it.” I was wrong. I’m already glad I got it from the moment I opened the box!
Merry Christmas to me!

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
Merry Christmas to You!

I can justify anything, don't worry about it.

Let us know how it smokes.

bjeorn

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2010
i think i recently bought a pipe from the same seller judging by the briar is resting against was the seller by any chance Italian?

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Gorgeous!!! One of my favorite Dunhill shapes and it looks like you got some sweet grain on that puppy! Hopefully, you will now find the cure to PAD, which is DPC (Dunhill Pipe Collecting)

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
That is the shape my next pipe will have, a so called "zulu", I believe. Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.