PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I had a great time at the Texas Pipe Show on Saturday, and was shocked at the amount of people who attended. The venue was packed to the rafters and a huge thanks to the show organizers! I finished 4th out of 37 contestants at the Slow Smoke Contest, but in an official competition I would have been disqualified. I smoked more than tobacco in that cob! My tongue is now in a sling. )-:

StevePipestud.JPGIMG_3207.JPG

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Steve, what was the winning time in the contest ? I'd be so nervous entering one of those that I'd probably last 10 minutes. rotf

Reactions: JOHN72

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Congratulations! Did you sell many pipes? I think people want to get out and try to get life back to some kind of normal. Although I am not a fast smoker, I could never finish as high as 4th. Good job.

I think you hit the nail on the head, WVOldFart, most of the folks I visited with were absolutely giddy to be at a pipe show again. And I met several younger smokers who have advanced in the hobby over the last couple of years and were dying to go to their first pipe show and loved it!

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I had a good time at my first Texas Pipe Show Saturday! The show was well run and had good attendance. The weather cooperated with mild temps, sunny skies and just a very light breeze. I had no trouble lighting my pipe in the contest but I was out in 37 minutes. I picked up a sleeve of tobacco and came home with a nice Johs Pipe generously donated by Steve Fallon and a tin of Dunhill tobacco from the raffle.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I had a good time at my first Texas Pipe Show Saturday! The show was well run and had good attendance. The weather cooperated with mild temps, sunny skies and just a very light breeze. I had no trouble lighting my pipe in the contest but I was out in 37 minutes. I picked up a sleeve of tobacco and came home with a nice Johs Pipe generously donated by Steve Fallon and a tin of Dunhill tobacco from the raffle.

It was a pleasant surprise to see you at the show, Dave! Hope you like that Johs and was thrilled when I saw that you were the one that won it. The only downside was that of the 37 contestants in the slow smoking contest, I found out that I was the oldest cowboy in the barn! Oh well....