PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Sounds like a gear read!

Not sure if it's the genre I'd usually read but deffinelty something interesting.

Just wondering if you've read it Kevin, and if so, did you like it?

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the article. The book looks like a great read. I've added it to my Amazon cart already.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Looks like "A Brave New World" kinda thing, scfi has always been my favorite.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@waznyf

Just wondering if you've read it Kevin, and if so, did you like it?
Not yet, but I have a copy on the way, and I am anticipating that I will love it.
I got a preview of some of the material and had an online chat with the author so I could do the brief review. I've asked him to join the site, so hopefully he will.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Yes, like everyone else, the title made my gut sink. Not cool! Good tactic to draw attention to the article, but still--bad!
When it's time to pick up some books I might grab that one. It sounds pretty interesting, and Stephen King's recent time travel novel 11/22/63 stirred renewed interest in the genre.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
I know Mike. We have communicated many times. He is a supremely talented Artist, highly intelligent, and just a hell of a nice guy. You should check out his art, as he has a wonderful imagination. I knew he was working on this book, and wish him all the best.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Thanks Kevin, sounds interesting and entertaining. But in case anyone's concerned about it actually coming true, don't worry. The "life extension singularity" is only for the "elite". They have other plans for the rest of us.

deadwoodpete

Lurker
May 31, 2012
WHEW! It's fiction. Kevin, you scared the hell out of me. (+1)
I was about to start doubling up on my tobacco orders, and purchase seeds as well as a book on curing methods and flavoring.
Come to think of it, I may anyway... just in case.
Looks like a hell of a good read though, so I put it on my Amazon wish list.
Thanks, Kevin.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Well, something is up. All my favorite tobaccos lately have been "out of stock". I am gonna have to read this.

oldmooner

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2011
Sherman, Texas
Remember Elliot Ness and "The Untouchables?" Prohibition (of booze) didn't work because people wanted alcohol. Banning tobacco won't work either. The day they ban pipe tobacco is the day I become an outlaw. I taught economics for 18 years and I can tell you that "supply and demand" runs the world. If folks want it, and are willing to pay for it, someone will provide it. Anyway, by 2019 I'm sure there will be bigger things to worry about. Besides, states don't want to ban something that they can tax so outrageously. Remember "sin taxes?" Alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and gasoline bring in more income for governments than any other form of tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.