This will be KC's 20th anniversary show. :clap:
Less than four weeks away.
Here's the info:
https://kcpipeclub.com/kc-pipe-show/

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Further info from the KC club's president, Quinton Wells:
--- The club's hold on rooms at the Argosy expires on Thursday, Aug 31st. This means that the rooms we have had on hold will be released for sale to anyone. Since they have sold out every Friday and Saturday since they opened, don't expect to get a room at the last minute---they will all be gone! If you think you might come, make your reservation now. To book your room, call the Argosy at 816-746-3100 and mention the GKCPC special rate of $139 for a room with 2 queen size beds.
--- There are only have a few tables left, so if you want a table you must hurry. You can reserve a table on our website, gkcpipeclub.com.
--- For those coming into town on Thursday, Sept. 21st, we will be having Fireside BBQ catering a BBQ dinner for us at our club meeting at Cigar & Tobac. Please join us for some KC BBQ at it's best. http://fireside-bbq.com/

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Today is the last day to get the show room rate at the Argosy! Do not wait any longer to book your rooms! The Argosy has sold out every weekend since they opened (this is no joke). They will be opening reservations up to the general public come tomorrow.
Call the Argosy at 816-746-3100 and mention the GKCPC Show when you book your room to receive the show rate.

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Less than 2 weeks to the show!
Make sure you come out on Saturday as we will have a free caricature artist onhand most of the day. Bring your favorite pipe and get your picture done!
Please visit the Club's website to purchase your Carvers Raffle tickets! Don't miss your chance to win a 7 Day Set of Bamboo pipes!!
Saturday evening banquet tickets are still available. Come have dinner with us and find out who wins the Carvers Contest!
See you all soon.

Scottie

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Scottie, I hope there are lots of photos on the club site after the show. I grew up in Riverside, lots of memories there for me. Wish I could attend.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
My apologies....the caricature artist will be charging $15 per picture. Still a heck of a deal.
You realize everyone's going to be getting drawings made of each other, not themselves, right?
Mix that with the always-present pipe show energy/chemistry and add a couple drinks, and some serious entertainment will result, I expect.

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Vendor tables are sold out!
We still have seats available at the Saturday Evening Banquet.  Come hear about the history of our club and find out who wins the Carvers Contest!  You'll walk away with a goody bag and a full belly.  AND...everyone who attends will have a chance to win a "Scottie" pipe as well as a GKCPC Club pipe.  
As always, don't forget to purchase your Carvers Raffle tickets!
See you all soon!

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Scottie, I hope there are lots of photos on the club site after the show. I grew up in Riverside, lots of memories there for me. Wish I could attend.
---

Ken
Our Vice President will be taking pictures starting Thursday evening at our preshow meeting. He will be posting them (it may be after the show) on the Club's facebook page. We are working on our website so it may take a while before we get the show pictures posted to the new site like we have in the past.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I wish you a wonderful event. I can't make it, but every year I see these posts and it looks so inviting. Maybe one year!

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Just a few more days!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
If you are waiting until the winners of the Carvers Contest are announced before you purchase Carvers Raffle Tickets: Please check the GKCPC Facebook page after 8pm CST on Saturday for the list of winners. We cannot show pictures of the set but the winning carvers can (and most have) posted their entries to their social media accounts. The drawing will be this upcoming Sunday at 1pm CST. You don't have to be there to win and we will ship the set anywhere in the world.

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
We had a great weekend at the show. Thank you to those who attended.
The winners of the North American Carvers Contest were:
Clark Layton

Nate King

Eric Klodt

Abe Herbaugh

Kadesh Swanson

Jeremiah Sandahl

Micah Cryder
The Carvers Raffle 7 Day Set was won by Chris Morgan.
Again, thank you for helping support and promote North American Pipemakers!
Scottie

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Thanks for the update Scottie. We also had a nice conversation in another thread:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/anyone-know-the-winner-of-the-gkcpc-raffle
I shared some pictures taken from your Instagram account. Considering that they were open to public, I didn't ask for permission, however I gave them a picture credit. Hope you don't mind.

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
I shared some pictures taken from your Instagram account. Considering that they were open to public, I didn't ask for permission, however I gave them a picture credit. Hope you don't mind.
I don't mind at all. Thanks for sharing them!

Status
Not open for further replies.