PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I predict that the sport I once loved will continue to degenerate as the entryists keep the long march going.
Pink arm bands will be worn. Quotas among sportscasters will be vigorously enforced. We may even see some additional displays of political statement. Maybe even some kind of uniform patch for refugees or a given hash-tag-ism.
ESPN will continue to lose millions as it becomes increasingly more political. Disney looks for the exit.
Half time will be a dystopian freak show.
Owners will find taking tax dollars is easier with each passing year.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
While I prefer the pro football of the 60's, I would hesitate to use the word degenerate. Regenerate is closer to what is happening. Football is drawing more viewers through scandals, more scoring, more hype, catering to females, catering to younger demographics, licensing agreements, Europe, and the like.
Pro-football is a veritable cash machine for players and owners alike. Thanks primarily to Mr. Rozelle and his partnering with TV and the players union understaNDing that "it's the money stupid!". It's the old adage, "give 'em what they want before they know they want it." Football seems to be doing that and doing it well. Changing? Yes. Degenerating? Hardly.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
While I prefer the pro football of the 60's, I would hesitate to use the word degenerate. Regenerate is closer to what is happening. Football is drawing more viewers through scandals, more scoring, more hype, catering to females, catering to younger demographics, licensing agreements, Europe, and the like.
Pro-football is a veritable cash machine for players and owners alike. Thanks primarily to Mr. Rozelle and his partnering with TV and the players union understaNDing that "it's the money stupid!". It's the old adage, "give 'em what they want before they know they want it." Football seems to be doing that and doing it well. Changing? Yes. Degenerating? Hardly
Football just gets more and more boring. I'll stick with watching hockey.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
No idea but it will be interesting to see what form of cheating the Patriots will come up with this year.
I wonder if the Steelers enjoyed the Patriots radio broadcast being played into their helmet speakers last night?

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
So much for the "Steel Curtin". If I were the Steeler's coach I'd be looking for an excuse too. But you can thank Goodell for that. The NFL handles the communications arrangements and equipment. Pat's equipment didn't work either. The difference is they came to play and didn't let it become an obstacle.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I follow "Evil Mike Tomlin", a fake account on Twitter. His tweets are usually hilarious. Last night he tweeted:

"Lets be honest, who hasn't wanted to kick a Patriots fan" and "Steel Curtain? More like Wet paper towel"

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
When you can't punch it in from the one yard line in three tries with a franchise quarterback there's more than a communications problem! And I couldn't believe they either didn't cover Gronk or when they did it was a mismatch. That's a poorly prepared team and it cost them the game. Rex Ryan next. We'll see if he can do any better in Buffalo than he did with the Jets. Any bets?

Status
Not open for further replies.