PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
If you take from the box, you feel obligated to add to the box and you want to add something not already represented. This will become impossible and sooner rather than later. We need some selfish guys to take without adding!!! A strange, but desirable position to be in.....?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
If only for the sake of logistics/cost, we should invoke an "Add Only What You Take" policy. Otherwise this box will grow exponentially and become even more unwieldy. We have already crossed the line of insanity. I'm not in charge of this box pass. This is only a recommendation of course.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
We have already crossed the line of insanity
No need to fear gentlemen. I will smoke the ever-loving tobacco out of that box. I do feel we should try to keep it under 10 pounds though. That's a big baccy baby as it is.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Very nice additions. Yeah I thought about that problem last time we had the box pass. It got to the point that it didn't all fit in the box. Hmm

May 4, 2015
Could just limit it to 120 (110)? blends and/7 lbs., whichever happens first. No additions unless you remove something of equal volume.
If by some bizarre chance someone on the list doesn't get to try something they were really looking forward to, that probably wouldn't be a difficult problem to solve.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
If we stick to a flat rate box we won't have to worry about exact weight, just let what will fit be the limiting factor. As woods suggested, keep things as simple as possible will probably work best.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
This is just an idea to throw out there. What if after the first round and it has gone to everyone on the list, we do a Viking funeral on the thing? Pass it again and no additions, shorter time limit, with the idea of decimating it. Otherwise, someone is going to have 12 pounds of tobacco sitting there waiting for another box pass. But then, THAT doesn't sound too bad either. :)

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
Mayfair: not a bad idea. Alternatively, we could just keep it going, adding new people as they join, and otherwise just starting at the top of the list again - an ongoing, neverending box pass!
Nate: excellent additions, thanks!

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Equal to equal. Yes, it can become exponential. Let's use common sense and reason.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hell, if it gets that big, split it into two and run the list from both ends.
Last time, we had enough folks on the list to do that. We will have to set up a gofundme site for poor Shane so he doesn't lose his mind tho.
:rofl:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The box heads to Nevada today. FINALLY leaving Alabama land. If anyone wishes to follow, i thought it might be cool to sign/date the inside of the box to easily where/when it's been down the road. I apologize for it having stayed so long with me. Happy Smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.