2010 Chicago Pipe Show PAD (Photo Intensive)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I Finally got some time to take photos of the pipes that I picked up in Chicago. But as luck would have it, the battery in my camera started dying while I was taking the photos. I apologize for the blurriness in some of the close up shots. A couple might be a little blurry, but there is still enough detail in them so that you can still see them.
These are the pipes that I got from the slow smoking contest.
The 2010 US Championships Competition Pipe -

Aldo Morelli by Lorenzetti

aldo-morelli2-600x213.jpg

AldoMorelli001.jpg

AldoMorelli002.jpg

The pipe that I won with my time of 36mins, 36sec. -

Savinelli 2009 US Slow Smoking Championship Pipe

savinelli-2009-us-pipe-600x219.jpg

Savinelli2009USPipe001.jpg

These are 2 Dunhill pipes that Kevin gave me when I got there. They are estate pipes and I have not had the time to refurbish them yet. When I get some time, I will. There will be another thread for these with before and after photos.
Dunhill Root Briar Bulldog

DunhillRootbriarBulldog.jpg

Dunhill Root Briar Bent

DunhillRootbriarHungarian.jpg

This is an awesome pipe that I got from Bob Gilbert of Bob Gilbert Pipes. He does great work. He is also a member here known as Staffwalker. Everyone should check out his pipes!
Bob Gilbert 139

bob-gilbert-1391-600x224.jpg

bob-gilbert-139-0011-600x195.jpg

BobGilbert139002.jpg

BobGilbert139003.jpg

BobGilbert139004.jpg

BobGilbert139005.jpg

I also met up with Luca di Piazza of Neatpipes.com to check out what he had brought to the show. I love his Luciano brand of pipes. They look great, smoke great, and are very affordable.
He had some brand new, Pease/di Piazza Design Luciano pipes that were going to be introduced for the first time at the show on Saturday. I met up with Luca on Friday, so I got first crack at them. I ended up being the first person to own one of the new Pease/di Piazza Design Luciano Pipes! I also bought one of the regular Luciano line pipes. (My photo of the stem on the 272 doesn't do it justice. It is a beautiful smokey gray and purple color).
Luciano 272

luciano-272-600x207.jpg

luciano-272-001-600x202.jpg

Luciano272003.jpg

Luciano272002.jpg

Luciano272004.jpg

Luciano272005.jpg

Luciano272006.jpg

Luciano Pease/di Piazza Design Poker

luciano-pease-dipiazza-poker2-600x267.jpg

luciano-pease-dipiazza-poker-0011-600x222.jpg

LucianoPease-diPiazzaPoker002.jpg

LucianoPease-diPiazzaPoker003.jpg

The Poker is about the length of a nose warmer.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
a poker for a dublin smoker. NICE.
all are very nice looking pipes.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks for posting the pics Bob. I'm almost jealous, but then I remembered the pipes I got. ;-)
It will be a while before I post mine as I sent them off with Dave Walker for restoration and he has some work ahead of it.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
As far as I know they will be. Luca is still doing stops in the US and I think that he returns to Italy on the 12th.
I am not sure when he will have them on his site.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Plus Bob G. is a good Texas man. Denton is 35-40 minutes from me. I personally think Mr. Glibert should offer a "neighbor" discount and free pipe making lessons. :>)
That Luciano poker reminds me of our own Rafter's Nose Warmer Sitter.
obj162geo128pg3p8.png

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
wow bob! nice additions to the collection!
I was only able to add these 2 during the show to my humble collection, both from Smokers Haven
03031001003.jpg

12180901006.jpg

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Art, I also love the way that the Bob Gilbert looks. The grain is really tight on it and it smokes great as well. I started breaking it in last night.
Nice pipes Haunted! Too bad that we were not able to meet up at the show.

briarcub73

Lurker
May 11, 2010
The Dunhills are pretty amazing, haunted! The Luciano Pokers are absolutely beautiful, as is the Gilbert pipe, Bob :)
I ended up going nuts at the show as well (seven Ardors and a Mickles) but I only *intended* to get one Ardor...a couple of years ago, I picked up this:

right before the St. Louis pipe show and it was my first Cobra shape, but a little on the large side for me to enjoy regularly, so I was hoping to find something in a more practical size, so I found this:

and I'm extremely happy with it :) I'll see if I can get some better pictures of it and the other pipes--it was a great show and I'm sorry I missed you guys!
Tom

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Very nice. Pipe shows are great, but there will never come here to LA. I am planning to go to the Vegas show. I really want to meet the blenders.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Perhaps next year Bob! I ran into some transportation trouble on Saturday and didn't get to meet any one.
Beautiful pipe Tom!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
jonesing - contact Bob, he will probably give you a deal.
Those are all great looking pipes hauntedmyst and briarcub73.
I went to Chicago thinking I am not getting any pipes as I have more than enough already.
How silly of me.
I got 7 pipes, but I am waiting for restoration and will show them all at once later.

Status
Not open for further replies.