PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I anticipate mso489 to hit his milestone 20k post on the forums, sometime later today.

I am putting this thread up to thank him for his thoughtful contributions, considerate responses, and exceptional cordiality.

Also, maybe, he'll time it right so that his incredible feat happens right here on this thread.

Congratulations Tom!

Here's to 20k more!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What's wrong with the man? Oops, it's me. Thank you newbroom for your kind post. I don't think I'm going to get in fifteen more posts today, but if I can keep it in mind, maybe I can post on this thread for number twenty thou'. I can just see jiminks taillights on a clear day.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
mso, I am not going to congratulate you until you hit the 20k, I don't want to jinx you like Newbroom just did. A lot can happen between now and 20k, you could get hit by a bus, you could trip with a pipe in your mouth and have it get jammed into your skull killing you instantly. There are so many things that can go wrong between now and then. I think you need to do a countdown in this thread to get to 20k as soon as possible.
Newbroom, if he dies between now and then it is your fault.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Maybe for post #20,000, you can get one of the grand kids to show you how to post a photo... :nana:
Seriously, I look forward to your posts and input. You possess much knowledge, but, more importantly, you often remind us that it is a civil society for which we should strive.
Thanks!
jay-roger.jpg

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I haven't been here that long, but I always enjoy your posts mso489. Here's to another 20k! :)

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Honestly, my first few posts here I was so out of my element and needed someone to hold my hand through everything. Someone, who if memory serves was our man MSO, said to me "relax and take your time". What exceptional advice that was.
Happy 20,000th!
maxresdefault.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well, then, not to jinx, congrats on 19,980+ posts!
I thought I'd posted more recently than May ,2015.... But am grateful for the extra time in my life due to gaining 23,000 hours!
May 12, 2015 (2 years)

Last Activity

2 years, 8 months ago (offline)

Total Time Online

-23284 hours, 52 minutes

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks guys! You ought to hear the many and various self-rationalizations on how this all serves larger purposes in my life. It would be the subject of a research paper in some graduate degree thesis (by someone else). jiminks is closing on 25K. Gosh. The 23,000 hours don't even include the time spent trying to follow simple instructions on posting photos. Is it Dirty Harry who said, "A man's got to know his limitations." I am the Typhoid Mary of digital devices. I've used 'em for decades, at work, at home, but I'm always paddling upstream. Stand by, assuming the bus misses me, for number 20K. I'll try to do it here, or nearly ... if I get launched on some response on some other thread.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Always thoughtful comments. I both enjoy reading his views as well as appreciate the wisdom behind his contributions. Thanks for so many interesting posts!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Well, ok, I'll get into a little discussion here about our friend, Tom (mso489).

When I first started reading and joined this forum, mso's avatar, which to me is reminiscent of some sort of tobacco wizard, was always posted sideways!

It annoyed me!

Don't ask me why? I was just starting to smoke a pipe. I was much more judgmental then.

I did think he did it intentionally and that was part of my annoyance.

Later, he got it straightened out and it was then that I realized my rash appraisal.

His digitals are slow!

I can relate, so, I guess it's ALL good.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ahhh, Tom's just a wanna be!!!! :nana:
Congrats on the upcoming milestone, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.