PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
1Q is not available in the UK. Can anyone compare it to something that is so that I at least have an idea what is going on with this ambrosia miracle you all rave about???

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Kris this isn't going to help you.
I think part of the buzz about 1Q is about what it isn't.
It isn't expensive, it isn't hard to find, it isn't complex, it isn't difficult to smoke, and it isn't like they stuff you LOVE to smoke.
It's a bit of marshmellows, Lumpy Space Princess, muted sugary pillows, and a flat yet almost overwhelming bosum of scent pressed up to your nose.
For me its a bit flat and boring. But that's why I like it when I need a break from my other stuff. But I don't smoke it more then once a week.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
atsymbol.gif
kris

Unfortunately no. 1Q is very different, yet a "regular" smoke.

Jah76 is right it isn't a lot of things.

And, is good as a go-to smoke and for a "palate reset" when those fancy blends get to be too much or loose their luster.

You might try one of the sponsors in the left column (scroll down a bit) and inquire if the can ship across the pond.

:puffy:

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
1Q is a tobacco by Lane Limited. the same company that makes captain black, and many others. i love this smoke. are you state side kosher?

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Someone turned me on to IQ not long ago and now it's among my top five favorites. Of course, nothing will knock Autumn Evening out of first place.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
i need to get some of that autumn evening someday that every one is talking about...TAD is awfully low right now tho.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have been smoking 1Q quite a bit lately. Do your self a favor and give Mac Baren 7 seas Royal a sample. I think you will enjoy it A LOT! :puffy:

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
yes its an aro. very simple, cool, and easy smoke. this is what i smoke at work during the day. easy to take with me. cheap to buy in bulk. the local shop sells it for $2.49 an ounce.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
1Q is a very fine light aromatic smoke. It is amazing, what a little toffee, coffee and vanilla topping can do on a brown and black Cavendish Blend (just my opinion). Lane deserves credit for what they have produced and accomplished. More important is the fact that it is a "Proprietary Blend" available to all pipe shops to "re-Name". It is probably the only blend smoked under 1000 different names! None the less, it is a fine blend and I am not knocking it at all.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Just picked up another four ounces today. And some early morning pipe. But I have to agree with Lawrence on this; this smoke is the best reset button. Just great great stuff.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I had made a vow to only buy my tobacco from B&Ms, you know, to support them so they don't all go the way of the Dodo. Over here, online prices are not really any cheaper than my local shop (about £5-£6 per 25 grams bulk or £10-£13 per tin).
But seeing the prices you guys can get it for on the web may just change my mind if they do offer international shipping!
Anyone know if those prices are what I'll pay or if the taxman will sting me on import duties?
Ooooh, just realized... Haddo's Delight!!!

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
I surprisingly have not tried 1Q, I keep meaning to add it to one of my orders but hearth and Holmes blends keep stealing my TAD money :P damn that Larry's blend and anniversary kake!

Status
Not open for further replies.