PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This is one of my favorite pipes. The bowl is small but not too much, the walls are thick, and the Brigham filter system really cuts down on moisture and harshness.

I've never done a full clean on it before. When I got it I did a quick clean and that was it. Now with a couple of 'restorations' under my belt I can give it the love it deserves.

I've been told its an early 80s vintage, which is close enough to 1981 to be a 'birth year' pipe for me.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Very cool pipe. Love the thick chamber walls on these kind of shapes. I also like how the rim above the angular sweeping rustication matches the little ring around the shank. Beauty. I am honestly surprised to not hear Brigham pipes (even the new euro made ones) mentioned more on these forums. The only one I have is a fantastic smoker, probably my favorite Canadian (shape) pipe I own. It is dedicated to Penzance.........for now. I'm sure I'll pick up one of the Canadian made ones when the right estate piece rolls around. Their filter system is genius.4007

Last edited:
Reactions: vates

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I like the rustication on it! Slick looking pipe!
Can't wait to see it all cleaned up!

I mean, you are going to post that right?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Agreed
Their filter system is genius.

I agree, it has all the benefits of a filter with no loss of draw.

Nice looking pipe Mike. Looking forward to seeing the clean up.

Thanks Scott, I'm curious to see how the rim cleans up.

I like the rustication on it!
I mean, you are going to post that right?

It is the combination of the rustication and the honey stain that I really like about it. Oh and pictures for sure, if only because that spot on my walkout shows pipes so well!

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I am excited to see the cleanup. I have quite a few old brighams from various eras. They are fantastic pipes.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Oh Boy, thats just what I love seeing, I'd presume it smokes very cool and that the chamber is quite a hefty of size?
It does smoke quite cool (penzance in the case of the photo). Chamber is 1.55 deep, .84 diameter so adequate. It is probably my favorite Canadian, although I do have a James Upshall with a silver band and great birdseye that might rival it for that honor. That one is a solid 7.34 inches with a 1.71 chamber. A great pipe as well:

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's just a fact of nature that when you maintaining a pipe well and have it for a long time, you just can't get one like that anymore. Doesn't mean there aren't good new ones and some good estates, but it becomes your unique project, and pretty soon you have yourself a legacy pipe. One of a kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.