PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
Recently was gifted a batch of estate pipes and included was an aluminum stemmed air cooled model! I assumed it was a Falcon at first, but after some online digging, the excellent smokingmetal.co.uk shed light that mine appears to be an Arcadia Air Cooled Filter Pipe, made in the US in the 1940s. I cleaned it up as best I could with what I have (have never restored a pipe before) and look forward to smoking it soon.

Anybody else out there have an Arcadia? Would love to see photos of other models!

IMG_9718.jpg
IMG_9721.jpg
IMG_9720.jpg

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
Appreciate it guys! Initially I wasn't very attracted to it, but the more it sat on the pipe rack and the more I read about the history behind this style pipe, the more I dug it! Hopefully getting to smoke it today!

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
Very interesting part of history when the war put a damper on pipe making and briar imports.
For sure! I play and perform music for a living and as a drummer, some of my favorite vintage drums to record with are WWII era drums that were part of the US Governments L-37 metal rationing, where only 10% of the drum and it's hardware could be made of metal, so most things were replaced with wood to compensate!

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
main-qimg-b518991a46811ae001955e203fd2cd0b-c

jung loved those metal pipes
I'm sure they are enjoyable but I never got around to buying a falcon

Reactions: ChippewaAce