Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Regarding Vernon Dunhill, he was the second son of Alfred Dunhill (the creator of the Dunhill pipe and subsequent empire), and the father of Richard Dunhill, the gentleman whom most recognized as the face of Dunhill during the latter half of the 20 century:
th

Richard Dunhill succeeded Mary Dunhill (Alfred's daughter) as chairman of the business in 1975.

kenbarnes

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2015
I think the Dunhill LB is great.

I also think that George is one of the finest restorers - in fact the finest restorer of pipes that I have ever come across. What beautiful work- supremely masterful! I also saw a mouthpiece that George had made for a James Upshall X or XX (can't remember which). The pipe was shown to me by Rick N. when he visited me some two months ago. I have been tempted to approach George to restore one or two pieces that I have here in England, very tempted.

I also have an inner tube patent Dunhill Lovat from the 1920s which has been 'destroyed' due to overcarbonising and a bitten original mouthpiece. I thought of putting it on ebay for $.99 'buy it now' as I cannot bear to throw it away. Not sure if George the magician can help?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I have been tempted to approach George to restore one or two pieces that I have here in England, very tempted.

I also have an inner tube patent Dunhill Lovat from the 1920s which has been 'destroyed' due to overcarbonising and a bitten original mouthpiece. I thought of putting it on ebay for $.99 'buy it now' as I cannot bear to throw it away. Not sure if George the magician can help?
Someone sent me a link to this. (Sorry, I haven't been spending much time on forums recently)
I'll be glad to help if I can. :D
If you'd like to discuss your ideas further, my contact info just got sent to your private message in-box. (PMs are clunky, un-searchable, and unsuited for extended use, but good for exchanging email address, phone numbers, & etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.