PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I recently came across this pic of my Dad while cleaning out my Mom’s apartment. I’d say this is about 1928 or 1929. I never knew him to have a pipe and I wish I found this when he was alive so I could give him a big WTF! My great grandfather grew tobacco in the Connecticut River Valley so I’d bet it was his pipe.

IMG_2458.jpeg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
One look at that photo and I could tell it wasn't in Scotland...no Scottish parent would let their child smoke a bowl without a wee whisky to keep the whistle wet. Poor lad must have been parched.
Photo might have been taken ‘out of hours’. People were more law abiding back then….even in Scotland! lol

LEP7cv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2020
Portugal
I recently came across this pic of my Dad while cleaning out my Mom’s apartment. I’d say this is about 1928 or 1929. I never knew him to have a pipe and I wish I found this when he was alive so I could give him a big WTF! My great grandfather grew tobacco in the Connecticut River Valley so I’d bet it was his pipe.

View attachment 298517
look at his little legs crossed
Legendary :D
thanks for sharing

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee

View attachment 298517
This photo (and the others attached) is just priceless. I'll bet you wouldn't take $1,000 for that....