PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I picked up a tin of Gallaher Killarny Ready Rubbed with a cutter top, 2 oz. I'm guessing between 1920's and 1950's. I'm guessing the earlier. I think it was a steal for $22 bucks. The lid had a dent in the side that kept the cutter part from working. It was sealed with a couple drops of solder. When I did pierce it with the cutter lid I got the re assuring vacuum sucking sound. Yeah seal in tact. Then ketchup smell filled the room. I put it straight into a jar.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Rare-Killarney-Gallahers-Ready-Rubbed-Tobacco-United-Kingdom-Tin/282809750966?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
OMsoTFB.jpg

75SvHTZ.jpg

1g3jFuo.jpg

UHoJ3pm.jpg

ckiPTI3.jpg

0LYNjj2.jpg

L1quDLb.jpg

nQmF7g6.jpg

Shortly after I threw some in a MM hardwood. Hard to describe the taste other than good, and the car note was equally as good. I took a few lights to get going but then no problem after that. One of of the few things i have smoked that left

a good smell in my car after I had smoked it, left, and returned. The other was an old sealed tin of Half and Half.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Wow, that was one hell of a find you got there and a perfect seal at that! Double wow! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, I always love looking at some old tobacco! I've never heard of it but if it's coming from Gallaher, you know it's gonna be good. Lucky you! Good job!

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
What a beauty! I can't tell you when it was made, or for that matter when the blend was introduced Gallaher. I can say, though, that it was at least for sale from 1948-1952. It wouldn't surprise me if your tin dated from that time, but of course it could be earlier or later too.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Great find. I'd smoke it. Btw, how's the H&H? Did it hold up over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.