PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
Happened across this fascinating webstore in my Internet travels.
Very limited selection of smoking-related items, but really neat stuff nonetheless.
The site features a multi-tool with tongs designed to light your pipe directly with a live ember.
The site is full of neat authentic camping and cooking gear, clothing etc.
18th Century Smoking Companion Tool

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Damnit Tom, I'm a sucker for old fashioned things. Do you have any idea what you have just done? :rofl:

May 4, 2015
I know, man. I feel the same way. They have YouTube channel where they cook out of 18th Century cookbooks too and teach you how to make earthen ovens, etc.
I'm not in to reenacting, per say, but absolutely LOVE old-time camping gear and open-fire cooking. I could spend oodles of money with these folks.
Good news is, you could buy everything on the site pipe-smoking related for only $130 and free shipping ;)

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Oh, my... bookmarking that for later.
I've had my eye on the 1790 English Tobacco Boxes that Smoking Pipes carries. So far, most of my costuming is 19th century and later, but some of the 18th century styles can be a lot of fun.

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Thanks for bring this to my attention, down here at the south point of Africa it is in our blood to have a barbecue every weekend, either at home or with friends, I can see this tool to be a icebreaker. Most Saturday evenings after my Braai I like to sit outside next the the embers smoking my pipe. This is now a must have item for me.

May 4, 2015
I'm glad you guys found all this as interesting as I did! The fella apparently has a blacksmith, a coppersmith (redsmith?), a tinsmith, and a cutler in his employ, so it's all really well-crafted stuff.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I like the tamp!
simple-pewter-pipe-tamp-4250-p-883.html

sladeburns

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
I absolutely got sucked into a YouTube hole watching the Jas. Townsend vids. The guy is low key, charming and informative. I'm collecting ingredients for his mushroom ketchup right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.