PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
When those alerts go out on Gawith stuff from SmokingPipes, the site goes down.

They should stagger these restocks, post 1/5 of it every day for a week at random times.

I also think they should have a 3 tin limit per day or some such rule. It's all going to sell out within a few days anyway, may as well make more people happy.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Smoking Pipes’s server was slammed to the point of non-responsiveness for about an hour when the stuff dropped. A more rabid response than I’d have expected.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
When those alerts go out on Gawith stuff from SmokingPipes, the site goes down.

They should stagger these restocks, post 1/5 of it every day for a week at random times.

I also think they should have a 3 tin limit per day or some such rule. It's all going to sell out within a few days anyway, may as well make more people happy.
I didn't manage to see Burnt Ends on the SP site before it was overwhelmed, but they are usually good about setting limits for high-demand items. I think they just had lots of traffic.

I've also programmed their number into my cell phone in case this happens again when I want something. ;)

Reactions: Sobrbiker

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
It's only a 50g tin so entirely possible.
I didn't manage to see Burnt Ends on the SP site before it was overwhelmed, but they are usually good about setting limits for high-demand items. I think they just had lots of traffic.

I've also programmed their number into my cell phone in case this happens again when I want something. ;)
They had 2 per customer per day limits, with how fast SG stuff (beyond Burnt Ends, which I wasn’t even looking at/for) went, I don’t think a large shipment hit the states.
WCC said there were only 40 8oz Burnt Ends they were allotted.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
OH, that’s right, I didn’t receive any Tobacco Notifications, because the Mainland believes it’s illegal to ship to Hawaii @swilford

It’s not illegal, please get your Hawaiian GE. ;)

Local Residents can also pay the taxes on their end instead @swilford but I’d rather not mess with this.

I still can’t believe the mainland businesses think it’s illegal to ship here, it’s not, you buy the GE and pay on your end, or the residents pay the state when they submit their yearly taxes on their end.

P.S. Sorry for off topic... :(

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
OH, that’s right, I didn’t receive any Tobacco Notifications, because the Mainland believes it’s illegal to ship to Hawaii @swilford

It’s not illegal, please get your Hawaiian GE. ;)

Local Residents can also pay the taxes on their end instead @swilford but I’d rather not mess with this.

I still can’t believe the mainland businesses think it’s illegal to ship here, it’s not, you buy the GE and pay on your end, or the residents pay the state when they submit their yearly taxes on their end.

P.S. Sorry for off topic... :(

Unfortunately, it's still illegal to ship to a final consumer in Hawaii, even with an excise license. We collect and remit excise in a number of states, but that's just not possible in Hawaii, sadly. Here's a Halfwheel article (which also links to the senate bill in question):

(Also, this isn't just our reading: this is the advice of our regulatory attorney and reflected in practice by other large online retailers).

Sykes

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Unfortunately, it's still illegal to ship to a final consumer in Hawaii, even with an excise license. We collect and remit excise in a number of states, but that's just not possible in Hawaii, sadly. Here's a Halfwheel article (which also links to the senate bill in question):

(Also, this isn't just our reading: this is the advice of our regulatory attorney and reflected in practice by other large online retailers).

Sykes

Hi,

I actually spent several months calling the State, in the end, everyone said the same thing, it’s a matter for the Taxation Department and to call them, because they are the ones handling the matter.

I spoke to the head of the taxation department, he told me it’s not illegal, you just need the GE and possibly other tobacco tax licenses, depending on the volume of sales.

I also spoke to the Tech department that handles the matters of new law, and was told the same thing.

Also the state has an FAQ on Article 62 outlining this and showing the legality, please have a look at the link below, and at the bottom of the page click on; ‘ACT 62 Frequently Asked Questions’

I’ve had various heads of the state at many levels tell me what I am telling you, and therefore believe the businesses across the USA are misinformed is all.

I can also tell you, that the state told me, the law in regards to tobacco has never changed in any form of legalization. Article 62 was mainly created as a way to create more state revenue through taxing.

I hope you will further investigate... Has anyone actually called and spoken directly to the head of the Taxation department?

Aloha 🤙