PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Geez, I can’t believe how fast that went.
I received an in stock notification, logged in to buy some and SPC’s site wasn’t working for an hour.
Actually had to do real life things and just now went to grab a measly 8oz and it’s all gone.
Insult to injury is the knowledge that I’m sure well more than half sold is going into storage of folks that probably already have pounds on the shelf…

KruegerFlap

Might Stick Around
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
I was able to grab an 8oz box of 1792 Flake and FVF. I had a box of the Full Virginia Plug in the cart and it sold out before I could even complete the checkout! Speed and luck are the name of the game a lot of times. I actually went to SP to check on something totally different and saw they had a lot of Samuel Gawith in stock. I count myself lucky today! Sorry for those who missed out.

Reactions: seanv

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Geez, I can’t believe how fast that went.
I received an in stock notification, logged in to buy some and SPC’s site wasn’t working for an hour.
Actually had to do real life things and just now went to grab a measly 8oz and it’s all gone.
Insult to injury is the knowledge that I’m sure well more than half sold is going into storage of folks that probably already have pounds on the shelf…
Requesting an in stock notification is, unfortunately, a guarantee of nothing. However, if you file for a notification with Iwan Reis, and are patient, you will eventually receive a notification from them that they are holding that product for you to purchase and they will give you a couple of days to pay for it. You will have to wait until you’re at the front of the queue for that product, which might take a couple of years, but you will receive it.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Wasnt Me however someone out there had the site locked up for sure
Yeah they did, I checked my e-mail at noon had two from 9 am that Grousemoor and Squadron Leader were in stock. It was an hour and a half before I could grab a tin of each and check out.

Burnt Ends (that I have no interest in) and 1792 dropping at the same time probably didn't help.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Must not have been a large drop like last year. I received the email, but because I still have close to a pound, I was gonna grab 8oz when I got home and not worry about dealing with SmokingPipes site cause I knew it would just be a joke trying to check out.

To my surprise, it was all gone when I got home.

Last year, 1792 8oz boxes were still in stock for days after the drop.

Ill just try again next time.

I love 1792, but I am not gonna sit at my computer constantly trying to check out for 30 minutes plus for tobacco.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I have SP alerts on lots of things, many I'm only tangentially interested in. It seems like the trend of this SG drop was for 8oz boxes and bags, less for 50g tins. Whether by luck of the draw or design, that tracks with what many forum posters want: larger amounts, in robust packaging.

Reactions: Sobrbiker and seanv

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
Both alerts that I’ve gotten the last two days took me to a frozen site that wouldn’t load. When the site finally loaded the stuff on alert was sold out. Kind of a tease but I’m sure I’ll find what I’m looking for eventually.