Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Really wanted to snag one, especially since I love Deluxe Systems and the Rua sandblast looks so cool. Alas. I promised myself to not spend too much money on pipes this year and the price for these was steep. They were also snagged up quickly, so by the time I was even aware, only a handful were left anyway. Maybe I'll get one on an estate sale or something one of these days.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Posted a photo on the “show your Petersons” thread, but thought maybe some here would like to see some different angles lol. Pretty groovy guys!
I’ve really enjoyed seeing other folks pipes that have shared, if anyone else feels inclined, would love to see them!View attachment 260991View attachment 260992View attachment 260993
That's a beautiful pipe! I'm still anxiously waiting for mine, lol. Hopefully this week it'll arrive. I'll definitely be posting some pics.

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Lol. This time I knew exactly what was in there.

Even though SP listed it as a 9s and I said I bought a 9s, this is my new 9B.
View attachment 261140
Yea ? Speaking of…What’s up with the model designations? B is tapered, S is saddle, generally ?
I noticed the “9B”s in the deluxe system range were noticeably shorter than the 125th Rua ”9s” models. Not really a criticism, just an observation. Mine is most certainly stamped 9s on the pipe itself .

Reactions: gervais

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
That’s not how Peterson naming conventions work. 9s just means deluxe shape.

This will help

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Lol that’s kinda funny.

“While they have some stamps going back to the 1950s, the older, smaller number stamps are gone–probably worn out. But we all know these are “B” stems. And so do they.”

Reactions: AroEnglish

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
so the next question then…is what’s stamped on the bottoms of the dark/black Deluxe System sandblast 9B pipes that were released this year?

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
All the 2023 Christmas pipes are fishtails.
So I have found, I have many Christmas pipes with P-lips from the past in my collection, never mind, I know what my main Xmas present is this Year, a full collection of unsmoked Sherlock Holmes Series, all with p-Lips and in the Petersons Sherlock Pipe Rack, a great find by my Darling Partner, She didn't take much persuading to buy me it, just a big present for her, a 4 story Dolls House.