PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
<p>Mso, sorry to hear about the Mrs. Hope she gets better soon! Glad some of you shopped this sale. P&amp;C is great, but I have to shop orders to Oregon and smuggle them home. Not worth the trouble all the time. Besides, like mos said, it all started with a pipe, then adding stuff to get to free shipping...snd beyond.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, the sale is over, but hats off to smokingpipes for its quick draw delivery. I ordered on Saturday night, they shipped on Sunday evening at the low-priced first class rate, it has arrived in town here (Raleigh N.C.) and should deliver tomorrow. This is the cheap postal rate. My order is an unsmoked English estate and a small bag of Old Joe Krantz. I needed a morale booster, so kudos again to SP; sometimes I joke that they ship to me before I click on "add to cart."

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Okay, the sale is over, but hats off to smokingpipes for its quick draw delivery. I ordered on Saturday night, they shipped on Sunday evening at the low-priced first class rate, it has arrived in town here (Raleigh N.C.) and should deliver tomorrow. This is the cheap postal rate. My order is an unsmoked English estate and a small bag of Old Joe Krantz. I needed a morale booster, so kudos again to SP; sometimes I joke that they ship to me before I click on "add to cart."
They are fast. I also have great luck with TobaccoPipes.com. Especially if you just want 1 or 2 tins.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Joke's on me; the USPS sent the smokingpipes order on to Greensboro, N.C., by error, but it's made it back to Raleigh and could still make it here today or probably tomorrow. No big deal, but SP had done so well firing off the package, then USPS dropped the ball, but quickly corrected the error. It's back in Raleigh now. Such is life. At least I can watch the action on the tracking system.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have a couple days yet before mine arrives. but I am glad your package didn't encounter anything worse than a bit of delay, Mso!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Despite it's little tour around the state, the pipe and leaf arrived at the originally proposed ETA. Better yet, the pipe is somewhat better than I visualized it. SP tries to be accurate and specific about its estate pipes, so this one far exceeded expectation. It has a pleasing oval shank not mentioned in the description. In the photo, the finish looked a bit faded, but in person it is bright and has nice grain. I think the stem may have been mis-identified as Vulcanite, but it appears to be acrylic. In any case, the stem is bright and snappy looking. The pipe is unsmoked as described, light weight, and much more jaunty and not plain Jane as I thought it might be. Frankly, it was somewhat surprising, in a good way. As promised, I fired that baby right up, with some Lane's English Luxury, and the pipe is a fine smoker. I don't want to get starry eyed, and jinx the deal, but this looks to me like a good pipe, and smokes as if broken in. The scratches and dark spots carefully noted in the online description are there but not noticeable. I'm picky, but these are inconspicuous blemishes. Today I have to jar the Old Joe Krantz; nice to have it back in my "cellar."

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'oldbear, the snappy service from SP is part of the fun. I try not to be an instant gratification person, but brisk delivery (especially at the basic shipping rate) adds to the fun, appeals to the kid inside me. I remember as a child waiting for most of a year for an inflatable tuna clipper beach toy from a canned tuna maker, an excruciating wait. SP makes up for these experiences. It is certainly an enticement to shop with you. Even the post office got onboard after their muck-up.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Deniz: Based on my experience, it might be worth trying under the condition you keep ordered quanties low,not exceeding,say two packs at least for the first few times,Secundo:Smokingpipes.com offers that UPS Supersaver international shipping method which is the cheapest way you can imagine(but if using this method,it will keep to arrive up to a month-(UPS saver deliveries are resorted in switcherland and resended further on from there)German customs as well as ours are renowned being pretty pedantical.

Status
Not open for further replies.