PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Pretty good. Wish I had my Sutliff Red VA handy because that would have been good here too. I combined 1 gram each of all 3 elements. It’s honestly a little bitey but I’ve smoked worse.

Reactions: Coreios and yanoJL

Auxsender

Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
I think next time I’ll add some Simply Red or some My Red Fox for depth. It’s very 1D. Reminds me a touch of current Lizzy Mix which I do not care for.

Auxsender

Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
I have those. I could see that being a good combo might have to try a bowl. I'm guessing the Bayou helps the stove stay lit better.
Maybe. Not sure. My thought was “Perique”. I will say this “blend” burns well. If I had C&D Exclusive, I would have used that for the Perique. Hell, if straight Perique existed at the moment in retailers, I’d buy some and use that.

Reactions: Coreios

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Maybe. Not sure. My thought was “Perique”. I will say this “blend” burns well. If I had C&D Exclusive, I would have used that for the Perique. Hell, if straight Perique existed at the moment in retailers, I’d buy some and use that.
I looked for you. I see it available on some sites. I've never used them though so I can't verify that they're good sites. WV Smoke Shop says they have it.

Reactions: Auxsender

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
There's some available at my local B&M.
Also some G&H ropes if anyone is looking.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Yes. It’s black and looks like the stuff Ernie puts in some of his blends but I’m a hella novice and I may well be WAY off. It looks like larger black flakes (think fish food) of baccy.
Ok. Seems in some C&D blends I've had that include stoved Vas, they haven't been exactly replete with dark leaf.
I just really miss McClellands stoved.