Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Aug 11, 2023
I don't own a Morgan Bones yet. BUT I recently noticed they have Dog Bones. Now I have always been a fan of dogs smoking, drinking , and playing cards. 🎴🐶🚬But 3 pipes for 5 bucks each? 🤔 If you added stems, you could smoke them. Now I wonder, what quality are these pipes? I mean supposedly bones are off casts / "seconds" of a higher quality manufacturer basically recycled. So it's been rumored. WHAT on earth would Dog Bones be then?? They still have the "Choose Finish" on page, BUT only in text. I sorta wanted a Lightning Finish. ⚡

Screenshot_20231108-211217.png

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Chris Morgan’s business savvy continues to impress me. I know that this will sound backhanded but I am genuinely impressed that this man can seem to sell anything.

• Haha
Reactions: huckleberry

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yeah exactly. Seems like he’s selling things at the right price points and people know that they’re getting. A very win-win-win situation for him, the customer, and the manufacturer.
Precisely the best commerce is when it works like that. Everyone feels good about the exchange. Although I don't dig his pipes I could consider getting a bones pipe if I ever loss my camping pipes.

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Pretty sure they have holes drilled through the bottom of the bowl so you’d have to repair that before smoking them. I’d thought about getting a stem for them myself, then zoomed in on the pics posted.
For the price of getting the stems & effort of filling the hole it’d be easier to just buy a bones. But if you’ve got the tools & materials, go for it

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Is anyone not reading the description and looking at the picture of the pipe with a hole in it? 🤔

He’s calling these ‘Off Casts’, think about that for a second. He doesn’t even consider the briar worthy of making these into $40 pipes, and that should tell you something.

@Dreadlock Holmes they are dog chew toys. ;)

If you’re a man on a budget, nothing wrong with that, but I would either look for deals on inexpensive Estate Pipes, or buy new inexpensive pipes instead.

Save your $15...

P.S. @Briar Lee hook this boy up with a nice Lee and @telescopes back this boy up here too, on those nice inexpensive Lees! :)

A nice Lee estate must be floating around out there... 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: Piping Abe

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If he's still using Molina rejects, their finished pipes are usually under $60.

Aug 11, 2023
He drills holes in them but i guess you could repair them. Only thing i could not get out my mind is, my dog mistaking my good pipe on a stand or table and chewing on it thinking it was a bone. 👎
How bad is the hole if it's in the bowl? Is small and hell, it might be covred up by enough tobacco. If the draft hole is actually set right....