What Foodstuffs Best Define the Place Where You Live?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
jpmcwjr, Yes, both are still around, still serving original deep-dish. I used to eat at Due's often with my wife (she was my girlfriend then). I liked it better than Uno's. But it's a hassle to go downtown, find parking, and put up with less-than-best customer service.
Lou Malnati's has been my go-to place since it opened in 1971, in Lincolnwood, near my home. I remember meeting and talking to Lou, himself, in the early 70s.
We order almost weekly for delivery; it's the best.

Reactions: Bengel and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Used to live close enough to a great deep dish shop on the Oakland/Berkeley border, Zachary's, but now am over two hours away.
Pretty happy with the thin crust shop near Carmel, but sometimes really have a hankering for deep dish.

Reactions: Bengel

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Pretty much this sums up the food where I live and my feelings about it:

EVERYTHING here is fried chicken, and everything is bland as hell. Like, how do you make even dessert taste like cardboard?

And somehow, despite the bland ass food, they consume enough of it to be one of the leading states in the USA for adult onset diabetes and obesity.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Pretty much this sums up the food where I live and my feelings about it:

EVERYTHING here is fried chicken, and everything is bland as hell. Like, how do you make even dessert taste like cardboard?

And somehow, despite the bland ass food, they consume enough of it to be one of the leading states in the USA for adult onset diabetes and obesity.

I had some incredible barbecue at a truck-stop off I-20 on the way to Birmingham.