Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Starting with KBV Raven Eye Flake in a small Upshall sandblast Bulldog with smooth rim and hex shank with matching saddle stem size 3-4. Summer's finally threatening to arrive with temps going in the 90s here in Florida.

Pappy Coon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2024
Panhandle of Nebraska
Have you ever wondered what happens to pipe if it goes through the washing machine? I think this one might have shrunk a little. Seriously I have a group of smaller 'cutty' pipes again from the very late 19th century through to the teens of the 20th century. Why they were made I have no idea. Today I thought I would have a few bowls of Cannon Plug in this fellow before moving on to my regular rotation. Enjoy your morning everyone.

I think these cutty style pipes are beautiful. Every time I see one I think of old sea ports, wooden ships and old pubs along narrow cobblestone streets.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@Pappy Coon: Thank you Sir. They do seem to garner a few compliments. The trouble is they all look the same and after a while there is not a whole lot you can add other than it is a 'Meerschaum Cutty' from 18__ something or other with an amber stem. After collecting them for so many years I try not to buy as many these days as I reach my sixth decade on planet earth! I suppose it helps that the tobaccos I favor would have been found on old sailing ships and in smoky seaport public houses.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
FVF in my Savinelli 313 prince.

313_fvf.jpg

Moreso than other blends, each bowl of this stuff is an opportunity to experiment. Usually I'm frustrated by wind, but I'm finding that allowing a slight breeze to fan the ember is a good thing in this case. I'm also pleased that even though I'm near to the end of the bowl, my tongue is not yet singed. puffy

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
GLP Windjammer in the NoName Dane was my drive in.
Once I got in the field after some tedious office crap I tried The Royal Yacht again, this time in the Pete Short Army 102. Was a little better with a p-lip, but once my lunchbox snus tin is gone the rest of the tin is destined for a jar vacation on the shelf.
Time to move onward and upward!
MacBaren Royal Twist in the MOB short stack lovat.IMG_0410.jpeg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg