PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Had a lovely bowl of Sutliff Balkan Sobranie Orig. Mix Match in a Savinelli Bacco 321 rusticated bent author. Draw was a bit closed for my taste...I think this pipe will benefit from a 6mm adapter, which I will try out next time. 7.4/10

Bird report: White-crowned sparrow, Dark-eyed junco, California scrub-jay, California towhee, Red-tailed hawk, American crow, Band-tailed pigeon, House finch, and California quail. Vegetable lasagna (cue the Seinfeld references) on the docket for tonight.

Happy belated b-day, @VDL_Piper ! I'm right behind ya on the 24th. 🥳

bacco & pouch.jpg

Snow is already gone, but this was Saturday evening:

4.13.24 sunset snow.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Watch City’s #558 in an old Falcon.

View attachment 303588

Gorgeous pipe!

I don’t know if you heard the story? Last year, the Radice brothers bought some of Baldo Baldi’s briar blocks from his daughter and made some pipes with it.

This pipe was originally sold when I contacted Luca to inquire about any others, and then he told me the person who was going to buy it backed out, so I lucked out and purchased it. It’s the finest pipe I’ve ever smoked.

Pipedia on Baldo Baldi.

I’ve personally not seen these pipes anywhere other than at Tabaccheria Corti.

There are still two pipes made from his briar for sale. I’m also not sure if there will be anymore.

Tbaggins

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2021
Montana
Had a lovely bowl of Sutliff Balkan Sobranie Orig. Mix Match in a Savinelli Bacco 321 rusticated bent author. Draw was a bit closed for my taste...I think this pipe will benefit from a 6mm adapter, which I will try out next time. 7.4/10

Bird report: White-crowned sparrow, Dark-eyed junco, California scrub-jay, California towhee, Red-tailed hawk, American crow, Band-tailed pigeon, House finch, and California quail. Vegetable lasagna (cue the Seinfeld references) on the docket for tonight.

Happy belated b-day, @VDL_Piper ! I'm right behind ya on the 24th. 🥳

View attachment 303599

Snow is already gone, but this was Saturday evening:

View attachment 303600
Nice bird report. I’d love to see a California quail, or any quail at some point. Beautiful birds.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed eating, and have passed the first third of this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Downloading scamper photos and videos.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the last third of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

This morning, I let Sam the Scamp out of the back bathroom to roam around the house as a break from her littles. Molly Danger saw her, hissed, and ran off. Molly hates all ferals, but is afraid of Sam. Abner the Eager walked parts of my last two laps with me, and came in to eat and snooze. Didn't see Tomato the Brave until this evening. Guess he was in the shade somewhere. Later on, when both fellas were inside, we brought out the playpen for the scampers, Abner and Tomato ran to the door as fast as possible to get away from them. Daisy the Feral Princess hissed and growled angrily, and when she started to run, Sleepy Suzy blocked her way (not on purpose). Daisy yelled at Suzy, took a swipe at her, and hid behind m’lady’s chair. Daisy knows she will be punished when she messes with one of our cats, but fear overtook her senses this time. I put her out anyway.

As I was checking Facebook notifications this evening, one of the scamper videos was playing. Sam heard the babies crying, and ran and jumped up on the arm of my chair to see who was squealing. She was upset because she couldn’t find her baby, and then stared at the screen. She couldn’t comprehend what was happening. I stopped the video play, but Sam didn’t feel okay until she heard the scampers playing, fighting, and squealing in the playpen. She ran back to them as fast as she knew how. Sam is especially aggressive toward any cat that gets near her babies.

While I was playing with the scampers, Sam laid by my left leg to watch what was going on. She doesn’t purr out loud, but I felt her motor running where her body was touching me. Must have been an act of protection and affection at the same time. Often, I have pay her attention at the same time I pay it to the scampers.

After midnight, Tomato the Brave wanted to come in to eat, but with the playpen antics being in full gear, I knew it wasn’t a good idea. I fed him wet food (which he gets twice a day) outside, and stayed with him to make sure nobody bothered him. It was a good idea because Harry the Hairy showed up, and he doesn’t get wet food. I picked Harry up, and rubbed him until Tomato finished eating. As soon as I put Harry down, Daisy the Feral Princess and Abner the Eager showed up. I let her in to eat wet food, and held Abner in my lap until she finished because he doesn’t get wet food either. After Abner ate, he wanted out, but Daisy was blocking the back door. They both screeched at each other, and I put both outside. Finally, I get to relax.
Orang&MC_Close1.jpg
Orang&MC_Close2.jpg
Orangehold2.jpg
MC_CloseBT1.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. With any luck, I'll be able to end the day with this smoke. Time to read baseball box scores after I check the forum.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.