Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I would no sooner ask forum members to diagnose a tumor
It's clear that you long for certain folks on here to inspect your body for defects. All you have to do is ask (and already possess your own hospital gown). No need to expend all that mental energy concocting an elaborate ruse.

Of course, I require payment up front. No Lakelands or Bitcoin! 👨‍⚕️

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It's clear that you long for certain folks on here to inspect your body for defects. All you have to do is ask (and already possess your own hospital gown). No need to expend all that mental energy concocting an elaborate ruse.

My inspiration for this thread was a recent trip to the dermatologist for a skin check. No cancer this time, but he did say that I should get that bulging tin looked at.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York

You know he’s going to have you check the P-Lip on his Peter, son.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I take Chasing Ember's tact on this by simply ignoring such threads anymore. If someone is seriously thinking of taking a chance on smoking mold based on the opinions of randos on the internet, well, why even bother?

What does blow my mind is how we can get a "is this mold" thread at least once every couple of weeks, and people still won't take better care of storing their tobacco. I understand mold can happen regardless of the manner of storage, but some means are far better than others. Those flimsy C&D tins are notorious for being unreliable. Just jar your tobacco and keep it somewhere safe.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I take Chasing Ember's tact on this by simply ignoring such threads anymore. If someone is seriously thinking of taking a chance on smoking mold based on the opinions of randos on the internet, well, why even bother?

What does blow my mind is how we can get a "is this mold" thread at least once every couple of weeks, and people still won't take better care of storing their tobacco. I understand mold can happen regardless of the manner of storage, but some means are far better than others. Those flimsy C&D tins are notorious for being unreliable. Just jar your tobacco and keep it somewhere safe.
Hey you put all us specific randos in a room and the amount of actual knowledge going on (pipe ways) is astonishing. I'd say we're a pretty great group for learning about what to smoke. Either because it's tasty or because nah that won't kill you.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Put enough monkeys in a room.
enough monkeys in a room who have many lifetimes of smoking experience and you'll learn a lot about smoking monkeys. Fun fact. The few times I run into a pipe smoker in the wild I can now often id the pipe without seeing nomenclature. I don't even care about that much. But being here for a long time some brands just look sharply like themselves.

Reactions: Old Smokey

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
There are enough goofy folks around without us joining them. I 'know' mold when I see it and I dispose of it properly. Damn if I'm going to wait around for some months to have it declared mold by a doctor. All doctors know is tobacco is bad for you and must be disposed of.

Reactions: Old Smokey
Status
Not open for further replies.