PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
However, slightly off topic, yet right on key.

I remember when Hawks used to be cool to see. Then after seeing them all the time, I always looked for bald eagles. Now I've seen enough of those in my day. Now the cool one is the Owls. Only ever seen 3 in real life before, not in a zoo.

Gandalf The Grey

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2024
Origanally from Oxford, England
I most undoubtedly prefer polo and cricket to American Football. I'll watch premiere league occasionally but I do not have a favorite team. I played cricket pretty well but never liked watching it. Croquet is the garden was a favorite passtime of my youth with my siblings and dear cousins.

Reactions: SBC

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Kansas City has a player that’s so good he has a long legged, blonde haired billionaire pop star girlfriend named Taylor Swift, and his Mama loves her, too.

There he’ll be tonight, playing in the arena, his blonde girlfriend and his Mama cheering, to the roar of the crowds.

I’m older than the Super Bowl. I’ve never watched much football, and of course we never played football a half mile South of Bug Tussle.

But the summer I turned 16 I got a job at a boat dock, a 1966 Mustang, and a blonde cheerleader named Betty whose mother and little sister and father loved me almost as much as Betty. Life was sweet indeed that summer, when I was Betty’s boyfriend.

I’m watching the Super Bowl to watch the man that accompanies Taylor Swift, to the Super Bowl.:)

I could take my blonde out for ten dollars and feel like a king, in 1974.

His blonde is likely somewhat more expensive, you know?

Aug 1, 2012
However, slightly off topic, yet right on key.

I remember when Hawks used to be cool to see. Then after seeing them all the time, I always looked for bald eagles. Now I've seen enough of those in my day. Now the cool one is the Owls. Only ever seen 3 in real life before, not in a zoo.
I did a study on the development of a hawk from nest to independence when I was in my early teens. It was fascinating and a bit dangerous due to the territorial nature of the parents. Owls on the other hand have always fascinated me. The sad/funny part is that my mother found a nest of great honed owls. I could never see the birds but I played along when she saw them and pretended that I could see them too. Now that I'm older and more observant, I can find animals that are well camouflaged. I still wish I had that ability and had seen them then.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
In recent years, that's not something to brag about.

In every man’s life he ought to have a good bicycle, 10 speed or whatever the style is, when he’s a kid.

When he’s 16 he should have a nice car, a Mustang or whatever the current fashion is.

He should get that first job, and hold that first paycheck.

But of all the toys and trophies a young man should have, a spectacular long legged blonde girlfriend beats all the others hollow, hands down, no contest.

He ought to pause before he marries her, that all that glitters is not gold.:)

But tonight he should be all smiles, you know?

Reactions: Bbailey324

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
In every man’s life he ought to have a good bicycle, 10 speed or whatever the style is, when he’s a kid.

When he’s 16 he should have a nice car, a Mustang or whatever the current fashion is.

He should get that first job, and hold that first paycheck.

But of all the toys and trophies a young man should have, a spectacular long legged blonde girlfriend beats all the others hollow, hands down, no contest.

He ought to pause before he marries her, that all that glitters is not gold.:)

But tonight he should be all smiles, you know?
Yup he’s got 20 million reasons to smile.

Reactions: SBC and Briar Lee

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@Briar Lee : I think you may need to update your thinking in regard to your hypothetical young man. In todays world as a kid he will be lucky if he manages to hang on to his gonads whilst his teacher does his damnedest to persuade him that he really wants to be a long legged blonde!

At 16 with the current cost of living crisis coupled with various 'Global Warming' edicts he will not own a car and if progress is to be measured by current metrics his mode of transport will be an 'E-Bike' which will make for a great first date.

As to his first pay check from some weird 'Not for Profit' it will all probably be eaten up in taxes to pay off our huge national debt.

So his non-binary date for the night will just about be able to afford a 'Bug Burger' and a Soy milk shake!