PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
But it sounds French!
Roxgaroux -2

I think you & all the up voters are missing the point/humour of the thread. Nobody in their right mind is taking this ‘poll’ seriously.
Earlier on it was quite humorous to read somebody voice their heartbreak over losing their blend or see a much lauded blend get trounced on & chucked out on page 2 or something. What seems like a thousand pages later & people are coming in ‘up voting’ & getting all girly over their faves. Put away those plus votes & bring the knives out to stab a blend in the back! That’s where the fun lies, after all.

I have no illusions about this thread and its humour. If you look at my occasional posts in this thread, they’ve nearly all been jokes. I just thought it worthy of pointing out that Rouxgaroux had direct pipe lineage. I don’t care which blend “wins.”

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I have no illusions about this thread and its humour. If you look at my occasional posts in this thread, they’ve nearly all been jokes. I just thought it worthy of pointing out that Rouxgaroux had direct pipe lineage. I don’t care which blend “wins.”
Handbags are out!!!

IMG_6362.jpeg
Alright fella, calm down. I was only trying to have a laugh…..but I can see you don’t want to go with it. lol. Lighten up FFS.

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
But it sounds French!
Roxgaroux -2

I think you & all the up voters are missing the point/humour of the thread. Nobody in their right mind is taking this ‘poll’ seriously.
Earlier on it was quite humorous to read somebody voice their heartbreak over losing their blend or see a much lauded blend get trounced on & chucked out on page 2 or something. What seems like a thousand pages later & people are coming in ‘up voting’ & getting all girly over their faves. Put away those plus votes & bring the knives out to stab a blend in the back! That’s where the fun lies, after all.
@simong -2

jbfrady

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
I'm going to stick with my now-traditional Rouxgaroux down twoux vote.

Living:
Brown Twist #4 - SG - 6
Rouxgaroux - WCC - 9
1989 - Erik Stokkebye - 8
Rich Dark Honeydew - GH - 8
Flake - Peterson (Dunhill) - 8
Dark Bird's Eye - GH - 10

Deceased
:
Grape - Captain Black
Match 20 - Sutliff
Hogshead - Seattle Pipe Club
Royal - Captain Black
Royal Yacht - Peterson
Exclusive - C&D
Stratfordshire - C&D
Mixture #79 - Sutliff
Aged Burley Flake - Solani
From Beyond - C&D
Pegasus - C&D
Holly's Non Plus Ultra - Dan
Dorchester - Esoterica
No. 69 - Peter Henrichs
Maple Shadows - Sutliff
American Cut Plug - Watch City
Squadron Leader - SG
Luxury Navy Flake - Peter Stokkebye
Lancer Slices - F&K
Wintertime Flake - SG
Black - Sillem's
Skiff Mixture - SG
Red Virginia - Robert McConnell
Oriental Silk - C&D
Ennerdale - GH
Golden Sliced - Orlik
Bob's Chocolate Flake - GH
Dockworker - HU
Anomalous - Sutliff
Full Virginia Flake - SG

We're down to six and at this point, only one blend has double digits. For the first time in the game, Dark Bird's Eye takes the lead. This is the moment @cshubhra has been waiting for, the moment he's going to stab each and every one of you in the back with the brand new Kershaw he's been waiting to give a go. Or maybe his ice pick. Either way, it won't be pleasant...

In other news, a titan has fallen. Full Virginia Flake, one of the most reputed tobaccos on the market, fell prey to a band of marauders earlier this afternoon. Very few people know this, but in 1665, as Isaac Newton watched an apple falling from the tree and pondered upon the universal laws governing the universe as pertains to gravity, he was smoking Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake.

Even fewer know that just a couple centuries sooner, in 1492, Christopher Columbus spotted through his meager looking-device a quaint collective of American Natives along the lush shoreline of the New World. They were passing a pipe to and fro, as peacefully and contentedly as an orange tabby lounging on a trampoline in the sun. There they were, toking on this illustrious Gawith leaf, on a hot-pressed flake chock full of the finest Virginias. Indeed, even fewer amongst these already-few know that, several generations later, when Native tribes arrived at the first Thanksgiving armed with deep-fried turkeys, fixin's, and an array of stone-tipped arrows, they carried several tins of FVF in tow.

Indeed, these first celebrants smoked Full Virginia Flakes, delicately folded and packed into army-mount Petersons. They spoke of a new world, a new order, a new peace. They sought tranquility before the reality of violence set in as suddenly and faintly as rigor mortis.

Some might argue that these facts are unknown simply because they're not true. But I'd argue that they're unknown because nobody looked hard enough. The only way to properly America is to Virginia, and to do so fully. R.I.P!

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
I'm going to stick with my now-traditional Rouxgaroux down twoux vote.

Living:
Brown Twist #4 - SG - 6
Rouxgaroux - WCC - 9
1989 - Erik Stokkebye - 8
Rich Dark Honeydew - GH - 8
Flake - Peterson (Dunhill) - 8
Dark Bird's Eye - GH - 10

Deceased
:
Grape - Captain Black
Match 20 - Sutliff
Hogshead - Seattle Pipe Club
Royal - Captain Black
Royal Yacht - Peterson
Exclusive - C&D
Stratfordshire - C&D
Mixture #79 - Sutliff
Aged Burley Flake - Solani
From Beyond - C&D
Pegasus - C&D
Holly's Non Plus Ultra - Dan
Dorchester - Esoterica
No. 69 - Peter Henrichs
Maple Shadows - Sutliff
American Cut Plug - Watch City
Squadron Leader - SG
Luxury Navy Flake - Peter Stokkebye
Lancer Slices - F&K
Wintertime Flake - SG
Black - Sillem's
Skiff Mixture - SG
Red Virginia - Robert McConnell
Oriental Silk - C&D
Ennerdale - GH
Golden Sliced - Orlik
Bob's Chocolate Flake - GH
Dockworker - HU
Anomalous - Sutliff
Full Virginia Flake - SG

We're down to six and at this point, only one blend has double digits. For the first time in the game, Dark Bird's Eye takes the lead. This is the moment @cshubhra has been waiting for, the moment he's going to stab each and every one of you in the back with the brand new Kershaw he's been waiting to give a go. Or maybe his ice pick. Either way, it won't be pleasant...

In other news, a titan has fallen. Full Virginia Flake, one of the most reputed tobaccos on the market, fell prey to a band of marauders earlier this afternoon. Very few people know this, but in 1665, as Isaac Newton watched an apple falling from the tree and pondered upon the universal laws governing the universe as pertains to gravity, he was smoking Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake.

Even fewer know that just a couple centuries sooner, in 1492, Christopher Columbus spotted through his meager looking-device a quaint collective of American Natives along the lush shoreline of the New World. They were passing a pipe to and fro, as peacefully and contentedly as an orange tabby lounging on a trampoline in the sun. There they were, toking on this illustrious Gawith leaf, on a hot-pressed flake chock full of the finest Virginias. Indeed, even fewer amongst these already-few know that, several generations later, when Native tribes arrived at the first Thanksgiving armed with deep-fried turkeys, fixin's, and an array of stone-tipped arrows, they carried several tins of FVF in tow.

Indeed, these first celebrants smoked Full Virginia Flakes, delicately folded and packed into army-mount Petersons. They spoke of a new world, a new order, a new peace. They sought tranquility before the reality of violence set in as suddenly and faintly as rigor mortis.

Some might argue that these facts are unknown simply because they're not true. But I'd argue that they're unknown because nobody looked hard enough. The only way to properly America is to Virginia, and to do so fully. R.I.P!
I thought they smoked Peretti Thanksgiving Day on the first Thanksgiving IMG_1171.jpeg