PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch with a sliced peach on the side. I'm smoking year 2012 Sutliff BRG in a brown “rocky” smooth medium bend 1970s Peterson 309 Standard sculpted billiard military mount with a nickel ferrule and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_Sculpted.jpg

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
PSLNF in the Chacom 871 bent apple while I do a final sanding and then grain fill in preparation for staining the pieces of this pipe stand with drawer (stain/finish test to the left). All that's left is to figure out the leather part and build the drawer part. My moulding experiment didn't go as planned, haven't quite figured out how I will finish the leather edges or what exactly I will do there.

As always, paired with black coffee.

PXL_20220816_200020677.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato did a little walking with me as they occasionally do when they want some food. A neighbor asked where he could get a kitty brigade like mine, and I told him that he could feed them, too. He said his dog ate enough for a brigade, so he passed on my offer, the li'l fink! :)
Wessex_bent.jpg

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
John Cotton’s Latakia in an Altinay translucent meerschaum billiard
Hats off to you for this project, but do you get bored smoking the same pipe? When you smoke a meer exclusively for hundreds of smokes in a row, what, and how thorough is your cleaning regimen? I only smoke my two meers occasionally but every once in a while I gently scrape off the cake with a very sharp penknife. To be honest, the shank on my pipes only get a pipecleaner regularly but there must be some buildup in there. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.