Hello! Wanted to Know If I can Smoke One Pipe...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AurumIX

Lurker
Apr 22, 2020
Latvia, Riga
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in, and Shortened, Title (See Rule 9)

Hello!
I need help senior pipe smoker. Wanted to know if I can smoke one pipe, one time in the day (in lunch time), 5 day's in row (from Monday to Friday)? With out cleaning, but only change 9mm filters.
That will not ruin it taste?

Of course i will complete clean the tobacco pipe in sunday

Last edited by a moderator:

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I smoke on my commute which is short, and have pipes with half smoked tobacco often on the rack. There are times when I smoke on it the next day, maybe two days later, but I always run a pipe cleaner through it afterwards. The times I forget can lead to a juicy first puff...

I've never made it 5 in a row, but I say smoke it until the tobacco doesn't taste good or fails to light!

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Depends on what you consider cleaning and also how juicy your tobacco is. Can you at least run a pipe cleaner through it from time to time?

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
When i started out i only had 2 pipes so they got smoked alot. I would say i would want to run a pipe cleaner through it after every smoke to wick up moisture. But repeats of same or similar blends where fine imo.

Reactions: BROBS

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Stick a couple pipe cleaners in your pocket to take to work with you.

I smoke usually 3-5 bowls before my balsa filters get too wet to smoke any more. Then I pull it out, and clean the stem and shank with a cleaner ( just one) to get moisture out.

Very minimal.

Reactions: mikey517 and BROBS

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I would at least run 2-3 pipecleaners through stem and shank after each bowl and wipe the chamber with a paper towel.
I think that should be enough, provided that you also clean with alcohol on weekends.
No guarantees, though. I always rest my pipes for at least a day after each bowl.

Reactions: BROBS

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
It's your pipe, you can do what you want with it. That being said I don't recommend it. You'll not damage the pipe in any fashion that can't be undone with a good cleaning but it's all about taste. For example:

I have smoked a nice and mild aromatic in a pipe that I did not clean in any fashion from the day before when I had smoked some Balkan Supreme in it. My favorite aromatic now had a hint of Latakia throughout the smoke. I didn't taste horrible but the Latakia overpowered all the subtle sweetness and flavors in the aromatic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Even with its Sunday cleaning, the pipe will sour. A few seconds to scoop it out and wipe it out with a paper towel or napkin, and pipe clean the airway would take seconds and keep it more smokable. The obvious remedy is another pipe or two -- a cob, an estate, a Dr. Grabow, little expense. You want good taste, and it's worth ninety seconds.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You absolutely can. You may not enjoy the experience or flavors as much by the time that 5th day rolls around, what with all of the tarry gunk that's built up in the stem and sluicing into your mouth, but you absolutely can smoke five bowls without cleaning the pipe.

Reactions: Jef and BROBS
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I haven't used pipe cleaners in a while.. l know its wrong. I just rinse out with hot water every couple smokes and dry overnight. Sometimes I dry them only for a couple of hours.