PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
Yay! I'm back! My last eye recheck went well. I can now smoke my pipes again. And drive again. My first smoke after far too long is my first ever burn of Ennerdale, courtesy of a kind forum member, @FurCoat. Thank you very much sir! My initial impression is, I like it. Really pleasant tin(bag) note and room note. No tongue burn. I think i need to let it dry longer. Or find a blacksmith with a spare ember! 😀 It's only my first time with this tobacco of renown, but so far, it's favorable. View attachment 290010
Welcome back, Carol!

Glad you like Ennerdale! 20 years of smoking a pipe and I'm just now on my first tin. I waited too long!

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
View attachment 290152View attachment 290153View attachment 290154Picked 7.5 lbs of mushrooms a little earlier this evening. Mostly winter chanterelles but I was excited to find about 1 lb of hedgehog mushrooms. The third pic above shows the underside of the hedgehog mushroom which is pretty cool lookin’.

I also received my C&D Winchester sample in the mail and it’s a big yep from me. Very enjoyable and incredibly smooth. It reminds me a bit of Peter Stokkebye Natural Dutch Cavendish but with better leaf. Had some Pegasus this morning as well. Both in my Tekin. View attachment 290157
Congrats on those Chants! I'm jealous.

I've never even heard of that hedgehog mushroom. Super cool!

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
View attachment 290152View attachment 290153View attachment 290154Picked 7.5 lbs of mushrooms a little earlier this evening. Mostly winter chanterelles but I was excited to find about 1 lb of hedgehog mushrooms. The third pic above shows the underside of the hedgehog mushroom which is pretty cool lookin’.

I also received my C&D Winchester sample in the mail and it’s a big yep from me. Very enjoyable and incredibly smooth. It reminds me a bit of Peter Stokkebye Natural Dutch Cavendish but with better leaf. Had some Pegasus this morning as well. Both in my Tekin. View attachment 290157
Wow! Nice forage! Last mushrooms I get are Matsutakes in the late fall. Love Chantrelles and Hedgehogs.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke Little Round Top in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend is Back Bay with much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay. Cleaning a few pipes.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Wow! Nice forage! Last mushrooms I get are Matsutakes in the late fall. Love Chantrelles and Hedgehogs.
I got around 30 lbs of matzutakes this season and only went out a few times for 1-2 hours each trip. Southern Oregon has some of the best mushroom hunting in the world. You almost can’t go out into a tan oak forest in the Siskiyou Mountains without accidentally walking into edible mushrooms year-round.

Almost none of the mushrooms I forage are further than a 20 minute drive from my house. These ones were about 12 minutes away. The only exception is lobster mushrooms, which I have to drive an hour to find, as they’re on the coast.

Most people who hunt for chanterelles overlook hedgehogs but they’re great. They’re usually right around chanterelle spots. The tops are pinkish/white and their false gills are unmistakable as they resemble a hedgehog.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Lol I saw this photo and immediately thought, “wow, I need to tell @mtwaller about this pipe on the WAYS thread…” and then I saw who was posting it 😅 Another stunning Pete!
That’s great, and thank you! The stem has always fit tight as all hell, the drilling got botched, and she gurgles quite often, but I’m still just as smitten as the day I got it. It’s just one of those pipes 🤷‍♂️

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
That’s great, and thank you! The stem has always fit tight as all hell, the drilling got botched, and she gurgles quite often, but I’m still just as smitten as the day I got it. It’s just one of those pipes 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I’ve got some pipes that aren’t the greatest smokers but they’re so dang beautiful I can’t help but give them some time.

A good repairman might be able to address those issues for you.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Currently drinking a mocha made from hot cocoa and home-roasted coffee (green beans from Sweet Maria's) pulled as a perfect shot from my prosumer espresso machine. Enjoying IPSD, and now celebrating the simple things with a bowl of 5-year-old Velvet in my MM Diplomat 5th Avenue. Lovely combination, and shoutout to the Artful Codger, wherever he may be.

Weather for Geeks/Nerds/Pilots/Amateur Radio Operators
210253Z AUTO 18006KT 10SM FEW070 06/M03 A3005 RMK AO2

Solar wind
speed: 282.0 km/sec
density: 1.99 protons/cm3
Updated: Today at 1037 UT
spacer.gif
X-ray Solar Flares
6-hr max: C2 1719 UT Feb20
24-hr: C4 0001 UT Feb20
Updated: Today at: 2240 UT

Last edited: