PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
  • Love
Reactions: NoogaPipe

NoogaPipe

Lurker
Jan 11, 2022
Congrats! Good luck with the naming! lol. When my youngest was born, I wanted to use my dad’s middle name, Allen, and use the first name Josh (go Bills). Wife didn’t go for it
Love that! Name’s are wild and there’s a lot of pressure to be unique but not so weird that it’s an easy setup for middle schoolers. My poor wife is named Monica and the Lewinsky scandal hit right at her Middle School years.

Ultimately, we’re doing my dad’s middle name this time for a middle name for her: Leland. Her first name is a great hotel we stayed in on our honeymoon called the “Hotel Adler.” We both agreed that if we ever had a girl that “Adler” would be the first name. Here we are!

Two bowls in and this is great. I know from experience that McClelland blends get better the longer you have the tin open. I’ll cherish every moment of this one.

Reactions: FurCoat

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
That looks awesome. Where are you able to get this?
I was in Japan recently and was able to pick it up there. Its a Turkish brand not available in the US or EU markets at the moment but apparently its coming soon according to this article, Gladora - das etwas andere Turkish Delight - Das Pfeifenblog - https://pfeifenblog-de.translate.goog/gladora-das-etwas-andere-turkish-delight/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

and yeah its a very nice smoke, looking forward to trying one of the latakia blends later.

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
I was in Japan recently and was able to pick it up there. Its a Turkish brand not available in the US or EU markets at the moment but apparently its coming soon according to this article, Gladora - das etwas andere Turkish Delight - Das Pfeifenblog - https://pfeifenblog-de.translate.goog/gladora-das-etwas-andere-turkish-delight/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

and yeah its a very nice smoke, looking forward to trying one of the latakia blends later.
Cool. I want to try all of them, especially the latakia ones.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
What’s the story behind this?
As you can see on the box, it's from Argentina. My friend David is from Spain and has a few friends in South America who are devoted pipe smokers.
They'll occasionally send him some boutique "small batch" type blends by brands that we have no conception of in North America.

I haven't tried this particular flake yet but I do have a couple flakes of it. Looks a bit like thick cut Gawith FVF, but the smell is heavy on baking spice - perhaps cinnamon.
I'll try it soon.