PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Ya.... 😅 It's an automated spam

100%. Probably some AI program written to join and then inundate any forum it can reasonably gain access to. Kinda like a bad ex-girlfriend.

I think the guys are on it, though. They’re slowly disappearing. Keep up the good fight - I’ve seen 3 accounts that are doing this so far, it’s gonna be like a match of tug-o-war!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I do find it interesting that every major airline out there shares the same phone number!
It's a guy in Hoboken who then communicates with each airline by smoke signals.
Wait, so my $80 first-class round trip from Houston to London might not be legit? So much for loading up on rich dark flake!
It as long as you don't mind flying cargo plane.

Reactions: yanoJL

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I might have to put all new accounts on manual approval for a while so I can enjoy my Saturday.
Good idea! But I must ask two questions--one, who is Manual, and two, is he qualified for such a task? What I mean is, did you vet him adequately beforehand, because he might secretly be a spam-bot too and merely masquerading as the guy perfectly suited for approving new accounts. This could have disastrous consequences, potentially a 50 or 60-pipe problem depending on bowl size, tobacco cut, cadence etc.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Two more came in just now. I might have to put all new accounts on manual approval for a while so I can enjoy my Saturday.
Yeah that was insane. I think we got em all finally.

Brings me to a good point. Thank you everyone for using the report button. Mods get an email immediately when you report something. It's a team effort with everyone!