PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I only saw Fletch a few years ago on an international flight. Perhaps it was the altitude but I rather enjoyed it.

Never really liked it. I didn't even understand why completely till later. I always felt this urge to slap Chevy Chase while watching this movie. Then later I found out he's a hard guy to get along with and that people who worked with him generally feel that way too. Which is why the work dried up or at least slowed down. And that's how people felt about it since the start by the way. It's not a Bill Murray situation either where the guy can be horrible to work with or the sweetest greatest guy to work with.

Jan 27, 2020
Chevy Chase while watching this movie.

Well, Chevy Chase isn't very funny if you ask me. He's just goofy more than anything. I recall when Howard Stern was giving him a hard time about something on the phone and Chevy's wife got on the line in another room to defend him...wow that was really cringy. I was a tad disappointed to hear about Bill Murray's douchery as he often came off to me as this sweet and hapless fun loving guy. But, I enjoyed Fletch. The 80s seemed full of intentionally dumb films, while most the dumb films these days are just the byproduct of trying hard to be clever.