PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
Went to the flea market but found no pipes, but found a leather binder full of over 80 DVDs with many great titles, for $10! Also got some Earl Grey tea bags and home-made peanut butter cookies (that me and the dogs have already eaten). Then went on a short one-hour hike with a friend of mine at a local arboretum; got in more than my 7500 steps for the day.

Mixed some Five Brothers with some shag-cut Turkish to tone down the N-hit and am smoking it in a MM Country Gentleman with a filter in it. I find that it smooths out the Five Brothers a bit. Five Brothers can be harsh, but I appreciate its unadulterated burley flavor.
MM-Country-Gentleman.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Squadron Leader Special Edition, Original Recipe with Perique, thanks to a Forums member, in a BC rusticated bent billiard, black stain with a silver-colored band and raspberry stem, shape 1304, a more subtle version of the Peterson Dracula color scheme.

The blend is a successful marrying of an excellent Virginia blend amended with a nice proportion of Perique. The pipe was maybe my first French pipe, one of those traditional shapes with the French design flair. It has worn exceedingly well, looks new, smokes like a veteran.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of Wilke C #2 beta test in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Writing beta notes as I watch a special on Dave Parker, who was very kind to me when I was a bat boy for his team (Salem Pirates) in 1972. Parker took the time to help me work on my batting swing, and I sure wish I had the bat he gave me back then. He said liked my spirit and how I made him laugh. He always had a smile on his face. Seeing him afflicted with Parkinson's Disease is heart breaking when I remember him from my childhood.
WhitePipe_Paneled_Billiard.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
ES Evening Flake, it sure is nice to be able to get a single ounce of a blend. It’s enough to get to know the tobacco without a large investment.
This blend has great flavor, very mild to me in flavor and nic hit, perfect if I’ve already had a few stronger bowls and want to keep puffing between the next stronger bowl.
IMG_5595.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.