PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackOrion

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2023
West Yonkers California
8F6E1AD9-9734-4EBC-897E-64CD0ECF3EBB.jpeg
And that’s a wrap. The last of Mad Fiddler in the first pipe I bought 30ish years ago. A Brebbia Golden Matt. I keep a sharp eye out for Brebbia pipes and surprisingly these rarely show up.
I don’t know if I’ll buy another tin of this blend. It’s taken over a year to smoke through and I have one tin left. Quiet Nights is going to now occupy this jar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peter Stokkebye 83 Amsterdam, "full-bodied Virginias and dark-fired Kentucky," in a smooth bent unfinished Savinelli Dublin, which is actually developing both color and a slight polished matte finish. If you've never developed an unfinished pipe, I recommend it. The finish can be developed with no stain, polish, or wax, just hand buffing with a cloth. The finish deepens and becomes more polished over time.

This blend is is a ribbon cut, moderate in strength and nicotine, but flavorful in a refined sort of way. Since I enjoyed a visit to Amsterdam years ago, I do like that association, as might anyone who likes the Jacques Brel song "Amsterdam." Nearly nude street performers, salt cured herring in season, flavored gin drinks, and Indonesian rice table buffets are some features.

Canals, canal houses, and house boats as well. Just watch the speedy bicycle traffic and street car traffic after a flavored gin drink or two.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@halfdan, The cube cut burley would be perfect for the kings clay. In fact I’m going to smoke some for the first time in my tavern clay in the morning with my coffee. I have a tin of musketeer on order myself.
@Backwoods Briar I recommend you try the Musketeer in your clay.
Got 4 bags of rubbish today; still feel upset after being told to "F*** Off". Any alien landing here would think it was a response to "Hey up". (But not everywhere).
Don't get those types (alcohol / drug addicts / ex prisoners etc) just a few miles away in the surrounding rural villages - it's more "inner city" language. There only seem to be a few culprits and all seem to be in the town centre / West Bars / bottom end of Chatsworth Road area. Seems over 50% of Chesterfield's population are alcohol / heroin junkies...
It's the same everywhere from Chesterfield to Cape Town; those that can't afford to leave get left behind...
It's easier to think what I don't like here than what I do; yet Nottingham and Rotherham are said to be rougher but I didn't get bothered in either of those & Anthony thinks Chesterfield is a paradise compared to where he comes from in Doncaster.
My checklist would be:
1) Not a city.
2) Smaller than Chesterfield.
3) Less deprived area.
4) Lower crime rate.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
I was early up as a Toon Army soldier. Glad I did. Magpies are looking good this year.
Soooo happy to see the toon army happy after the tribulations of recent seasons. Excellent coach, solid recruitment, and some scintillating footie. I almost took my shirt off in solidarity.
I'm still enjoying the 2021 Old Gowrie, though I won't smoke it from a 320 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.