PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
A question not a review. I was wondering if anyone cellars codger blends and finds success?
Since a lot of these are burley based, they keep quite well for many years. I don't cellar codger blends per se. I have stocked up when there was a sale and occasionally smoked them. Glad that I did, since not all of them are still in production, or as reasonably priced.

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio
I wish I had. The 7 oz cans are filled with very good product IMO but knowing that just makes me wish I could buy them in 12 oz cans. I don't think we'll ever see them made in the US again but I hope they continue to get negative feed back on can size so we can have our big cans back.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’m cellaring Granger with the hopes that I like it more when I’m an old codger. Also Velvet but I’ll probably end up tossing that stuff. Not big on the American otc burley’s. They all seem to have the same odd taste to them. I wish I liked em, would make life a whole lot easier and cheaper, I like the British codger blends a whole lot more, I cellar them and believe they do improve with age…. actually, I think they do? I don’t smoke any of the fresh stuff to compare it with so how would I know, really? Haha. So far they haven’t gotten worse with age but we are only talking about 7 - 10 years of age on the majority of my cellar.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
I'm currently attempting to build up a cellar comprised mainly of Carter Hall, with some Prince Albert, and then I have all of my miscellaneous tins and jarred single ounces for variety. I'm also interested to hear about how they keep over a period of decades. I've only been at pipes for about five years now, but the tubs I've opened that I bought when I started have been as fresh as can be.

Reactions: yanoJL

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I got a couple of tubs of swra in the cellar becouse I like it but don’t smoke it that often. It holds up fine ine my limited experience

Reactions: Reggie