PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with big strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking the soon-to-be released KBV King's Ransom 2023 in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow with white swirls acrylic saddle stem. Been writing review notes on this potent English blend.
URAL_2001_Rhodesian.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Tried another pipe today, this time a burley to make sure it wasn't just a virginia thing.. nope. Not quite as ashy but still not there. Tried the other pipes, too (put aside when taste was flat), and still nothin. After some consideration and recollecting, I now think it is a symptom of allergy/hayfever (it's that time of year). A few years back, something similar happened -- I could not taste red wine (and other things) at all--just 'nothing' and started right after inhaling a cottonwood fluff which set me off with a new allergy I never had before. SIX WEEKS I could not enjoy anything to do with wine and I was getting kind of down about it let me tell you. I imagine many here are similar: tasting tobaccos, much like wines, spirits and, well, everything...we DO taste discrete differences, we do ENJOY the differences, it MATTERS... Finally, Senses Returned and Life was Grand Again! This is probably (must be!) similar. So. Started up the allergy pills yesterday so maybe in a couple more days, taste will return... I hope!
IMG_3429.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a 1990s slight bend black Sasieni 4 Dot Ruff Root Dark 4 Dublin with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Have enough for half a bowl. Just brewed some Community Coffee, neat. Watching Mike Hammer starring Stacy Keach.
Sasieni_4Dot_Dublin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.