PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Perfetto, neat, is my drink.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
While smoking Old Toby in the Vauen bent egg after lunch today I saw a huge hawk chased by two crows land on a squirrel's nest and rip it apart looking for food. I am familiar with most of the hawk species in my area but this one was twice the size. I thought it was a baby eagle but they only eat fish. It had a grey crown and wings but completely white underneath with a band of black squares or diamond shapes across the tale; yellow beak and claws. I looked it up and it appears to be a white tailed hawk. But those are indigenous to Texas and south west ... is it possible one got lost in Connecticut ??? This is the second sighting in my yard ... first was on Saturday. I wish I had had my camera !

Status
Not open for further replies.