PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

ADKPiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
It looks like there is a lot of consolidation going on. Cup O Joes got bought out by Sutliff after having been a local company in my hometown for many years. As I understand it Smoking Pipes is also a Sutliff property now. And all my purchases from SP come from laudisi.
It's great to see small owners cash in. But I'm not sure if seeing everything go under the same tent is a great thing or not.
At this point any investment is encouraging I guess. And certainly any expansion is a positive.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
It looks like there is a lot of consolidation going on. Cup O Joes got bought out by Sutliff after having been a local company in my hometown for many years. As I understand it Smoking Pipes is also a Sutliff property now. And all my purchases from SP come from laudisi.
It's great to see small owners cash in. But I'm not sure if seeing everything go under the same tent is a great thing or not.
At this point any investment is encouraging I guess. And certainly any expansion is a positive.

True, but a more united front will more effectively battle silly regulation.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I think you mean that Tobaccopies.com is owned by Sutliff (as with Cup o joes the websites they both offer the same pipes and show the same number in stock) not Smokingpipes.com

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
The only time "expand" is used in in the headline, in the article it says "$3.7 million facility upgrade" which could be expansion or new HVAC or warehousing systems. Nevertheless it's good to see them making investments for the future.
I remember hearing on one of the podcasts (I think Shane Ireland) mentioning that they're moving to a 25,000 sq ft building so all the companies eventually can be under one physical roof.

Wet Dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2023
Littleton, CO
It's good to see that there's still room for expansion in the business. I've been a customer of SP since day one. I'm happy for them and I think their success is well deserved.

Reactions: Elric and romaso

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
As I understand it Smoking Pipes is also a Sutliff property now. And all my purchases from SP come from laudisi.
I was aware that Tobaccopipes.com were a Sutliff property, but that Smokingpipes.com also is, that's news to me if the info is accurate.

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
Laudsi is the umbrella company over Smokingpipes.com, C&D, Petersons, and imports several other brands of pipes.
Yes, I knew, thanks. ;)

But buddy I quoted was saying SPC belonged to Sutliff (which is a property of Mac Baren) so I was wondering about the accuracy of the info. He probably wrote 'S' when he meant 'T'.