PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wesquire

Lurker
Jul 29, 2015
USA
Title edited for caps and brevity.

Probably some heavy selection bias given this question being asked here, but I'm curious how many of you would say you mostly stick to a single favorite blend.

I pretty much only smoke a home blend of PS luxury twist flake and their black cavendish. The ratio changes over time, but I am smoking that ~90% of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Right here.
Probably some heavy selection bias given this question being asked here, but I'm curious how many of you would say you mostly stick to a single favorite blend.

I pretty much only smoke a home blend of PS luxury twist flake and their black cavendish. The ratio changes over time, but I am smoking that ~90% of the time.
I am like those old classic rock hits of the 70s. Always on the radio.

Reactions: yanoJL and Scottmi

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Two blends, I smoked two tins of. Everything else has been one hit wonders. Wait, did smoke number of pouches of codger blends, OTC selections are somewhat limited compared to others.

Reactions: yanoJL and Scottmi

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I currently have 37 active blends (unintentionally keeping pace with my age) in jars, plus about the same number of sealed tins, roughly 80% of which, if cracked, would be new blends bumping up that first number. Sure, sometimes it's a bit overwhelming, feeling spoiled for choice now and then, but by and large, I find there to be too much variety out there to enjoy to limit myself to even a small handful of blends.

But hey, that's just me. "YMMV" is the most frequently used acronym on here for a reason (IBTL being a close second, something which I'm proud to say is largely my own fault! :LOL:)

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Is there any correlation to ordering the same thing every time at a restaurant?

I still need to test another 1000 or so before deciding on my favorite. Seriously, I enjoy trying new blends and can't imagine right now not wanting some variety.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Is there any correlation to ordering the same thing every time at a restaurant?

I still need to test another 1000 or so before deciding on my favorite. Seriously, I enjoy trying new blends and can't imagine right now not wanting some variety.
99%

Cheeseburgers/eggs
Mountain Dew/ Coffee
Camels
Briar Fox/Old Joe Krantz
Meerschaum

This has been my diet for many years now . If I order what I like, I'm never disappointed. Most people just don't understand.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I don’t stick to one particular blend for more than a day or two. But then I have so many sitting around it’s almost a challenge trying to decide.

Either a blend or a particular pipe strikes me on a particular day. No rhyme or reason to it. But then I don’t eat the same thing every day, or wear the same clothes every day…