PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
This pipe @S.P.com is listed as a novelty or prank. But to me it I imagine it being part of a display to show the inner workings of the pipe. Kind of like the adds for Peterson system pipes that have a sawed in half pipe to show the plumbing. So anyone think my theory is more likely then the ha ha we sold people an obvious broken pipe?

Dec 27, 2022
This pipe @S.P.com is listed as a novelty or prank. But to me it I imagine it being part of a display to show the inner workings of the pipe. Kind of like the adds for Peterson system pipes that have a sawed in half pipe to show the plumbing. So anyone think my theory is more likely then the ha ha we sold people an obvious broken pipe?
Yea. Salesman sample IMO

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Maybe, but then has there ever been a mass produced ceramic pipe that uses this type of hollow core?
absolutely. Someone even shared the website for a company that has been making pipes like this (minus the big side hole) for a long time. Though I think a clear plastic window that could show the smoke going through the pipe would be a much better show piece.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've seen a couple meerschaum that were carved very creatively that looked like a perfectly round circle (the actual pipe chamber) inside some lattice, it was amazing.
My favorite pipe is like that. Made like a jade puzzle ball.

Reactions: AJL67

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Posted many times. It's Hollow between an internal stummel and an external shell.

View attachment 198950
MY dream meer is like that on a level that blows the mind. I keep trying to find it too but it was in a series on old meers. And it had some amazing quality work. Like one of the ones was a guys face but they carved in the texture of his skin and lips. The one I flip for has a few trees with dense foliage and branches but it's the negative space in that which is mind blowing.
I think I saw your meer once or a similar one and couldn't tell if it had the empty space or just looked like that in the pics.

Reactions: AJL67